Movies - Recently Watched or Plan to Watch Soon

Talae

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Crud...

Wanted to see Kubo and the Two Strings, and it's already not shown in the local theaters anymore. But the Secret Life of Pets (10th week) and Ice Age:Collision Course (8th week) still are?

Which is why I was telling everyone to go see it!!!

I saw it  week or so ago. It was awesome, but it seems that it just isn't making much money. I also saw secret life of pets a while ago. It was ok.

The fact that Kubo is an animated movie that doesn't have Disney's name attached to it hurts it, I think.  The combination of a PG rating and it being animated I think throws a lot of people off.

I and a very large number of people who love Laika films couldn't bear to watch it because the director wouldn't consider casting an Asian person as Kubo.

Edited by etherial

The Magnificent Seven was a fun movie, and I'd recommend it to fans of Westerns.  A bit more black and white than I was expecting, and some characters weren't developed much, but it is understandable given time constraints.  Someday I need to watch the one made in 1960 so I can better understand the critics' complaints.

• Like 2

I took elder spawn to see Kubo tonight.  We loved it. 

Papercrafting may be my new favorite superpower. I would love to tell stories with it.  Flying would only be a secondary use.

or as in Read Or Die (only other time I have seen paper crafting) blocking bullets or other attacks. 

I was trying to explain to wifey why the original Magnificent Seven was such a good movie.  normally I hate westerns , but M7 wasn't a western,

it was a movie about an adventuring party. They were all specialized fighters or Fighter/Thieves with a variety of kits/prestige classes/sub classes. 

They chose to take a stand, to be heroes, and some died.   I really should watch RAN one of these days, But it does not seem to be stream-able. 

• Like 2

It rained a lot here this weekend so the son and I had time to veg out and watched all four Lethal Weapon movies. Good times!

I also watched Nice Guys with the wife. It was an alright movie, but not nearly funny as the commercials made it out to be. Mostly b/c they'd already spoiled all of the jokes in the trailers.

Ended up seeing The Magnificent Seven.  Overall an enjoyable movie.  Some characters were featured more prominently.  A lot of bullets were fired.  Like... really... a LOT!

Definitely a bit more actiony than I remember the original being (and not as gritty), but was actually pretty good to see on the big screen for matinee pricing.

• Like 2