Movies - Recently Watched or Plan to Watch Soon

Talae

Ended up seeing The Magnificent Seven.  Overall an enjoyable movie.  Some characters were featured more prominently.  A lot of bullets were fired.  Like... really... a LOT!

Definitely a bit more actiony than I remember the original being (and not as gritty), but was actually pretty good to see on the big screen for matinee pricing.

That is good to hear. I am remaining hopeful.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally got to watch a movie I was looking forward to: "I Saw the Light". The Hank Williams story. I have always admired his music. The movie wasn't bad....but it wasn't good. There seemed to be a lot of potential, but the story was a little disjointed unless you were already familiar with the story. The pacing was also erratic.

Finally got to watch a movie I was looking forward to: "I Saw the Light". The Hank Williams story. I have always admired his music. The movie wasn't bad....but it wasn't good. There seemed to be a lot of potential, but the story was a little disjointed unless you were already familiar with the story. The pacing was also erratic.

It's so frustrating when you can see the potential in a movie that's turned out to be decidedly average.

• Like 1

I ended up watching Fierce Creatures (had most of the cast of A Fish Called Wanda in it). Still funny. Awesome Wife and I watched the movie while we were dating; I had erroneously heard that it was A sequel to AFCW and spent the first 15 minutes trying to figure the angle of the scam they were perpetrating.

• Like 1

We watched Central Intelligence the other day, and the new Ghostbusters film last weekend. Both were very funny, and Hubby and I were relieved that Ghostbusters did such a good job of paying homage (and improving, imo) to the original film.

I hope you all watched to the end of the credits for the secret ending. :devil: Of course, they were fun credits to watch, what with Chris dancing around like a big sexy goofball. Rawr!

• Like 1

We watched The Relic last night, a decent monster movie. It was set on the Field Museum in Chicago, which made me want to go and visit there again, it's one of my favorite museums.

That is one of the many horror movies my husband and his best friend love and quote all the time.

• Like 1

Caught Magnificent Seven this week. I haven't seen the 1960 version in years so I'll make no comparisons.  It was entertaining, I thought all the actors delivered their roles well, but there was no synergy within the cast. I would have liked to see more character development and less panoramic slaughter scenes.  That's a problem with large ensemble casts, giving each character time on the screen and they had at least 10 roles to flesh out and some were done poorly.  A few members of the Seven had less dialog and screen time than some minor characters.  I thought they started out with some interesting characters, teased with a hint of backstory, and ultimately disappointed in the delivery. 

• Like 2