Continuing with my twin philosophies of "starting lots of miniatures results in finishing lots of miniatures" and "paint whatever you feel like," I have decided to start on a Hasslefree mini I picked up at ReaperCon last year.  I like the HF sculpts, but they are fairly expensive so I've only acquired the one.

post-8582-0-46625700-1419202535.jpg

Apologies for the small picture, but there's not a whole lot to see yet.  I've lined the eyes with P3 Coal Black, RMS Fair Skin on the face, arms and midriff, Linen White for the shirt and P3 Wurm Green for the hair.

I'm hoping to get some color suggestions from the forum.  The shirt, vest, gloves, pants and boots are the main color areas.  Most of those areas need to be bright so the hair will match.  (She's also wearing a Hello, Kitty backpack which I plan to paint in standard Hello, Kitty colors).  The first idea I had was white shirt, red vest, blue jeans, black gloves and boots, but that might not be bright enough.  I could use the green from the hair on either the shirt or the vest, or maybe a light yellow.  Teal might be a better choice for the paints then.

Thoughts?

• Like 13

I like your plan of starting a lot of figures so you can paint what you feel like.

I painted her a couple years ago in blue jeans and a red vest, but can't find the image to share. It seems to have rolled off the forum. I thought it looked good. I also like the Hello Kitty concept, though I think you might limit your possibilities with an overall pink scheme.

On my screen, the bare primer is showing up as a powder pink. I actually kinda like the look...so the pants and jacket/vest in powder pink (like a track suit idea)...then I would make the bag black with the hello kitty face in regular colors, and maybe vertical stripes on the outside seam of the pants in black...now I need this mini.

But also, I like the red boots idea.

• Like 1

I am with Sanael with striped pants. But to complement the green you may consider a nice lavender purple maybe for her shirt. Can't wait to see what colors you pick. I love the green hair.

• Like 1

Right now, she looks a lot like a super villain. I find I actually like her like this a lot. Might not be a bad idea to keep the overall pink scheme and mask-like look.

• Like 1

Continuing with my twin philosophies of "starting lots of miniatures results in finishing lots of miniatures" and "paint whatever you feel like," I have decided to start on a Hasslefree mini I picked up at ReaperCon last year.  I like the HF sculpts, but they are fairly expensive so I've only acquired the one.

attachicon.gifkitty.JPG

Apologies for the small picture, but there's not a whole lot to see yet.  I've lined the eyes with P3 Coal Black, RMS Fair Skin on the face, arms and midriff, Linen White for the shirt and P3 Wurm Green for the hair.

I'm hoping to get some color suggestions from the forum.  The shirt, vest, gloves, pants and boots are the main color areas.  Most of those areas need to be bright so the hair will match.  (She's also wearing a Hello, Kitty backpack which I plan to paint in standard Hello, Kitty colors).  The first idea I had was white shirt, red vest, blue jeans, black gloves and boots, but that might not be bright enough.  I could use the green from the hair on either the shirt or the vest, or maybe a light yellow.  Teal might be a better choice for the paints then.

Thoughts?

I agree...it is a great little figure from Hasslefree...I love the sculpt and I will also be using it in a near future vignette along side a 2nd Hasslefree figure...The only problem with most of their figures is that they are slightly smaller in size next to the Reaper figures.

In regard to the colors...mine will be in basic denim attire. I find your concept of the usage of bright colors very interesting and will be looking forward to see what you come up with.

She still looks kind of evil, but that should go away once I paint the face.

post-8582-0-20158400-1419428860.jpg  post-8582-0-95232500-1419428860.jpg

The hair is a bit darker so I could use bright green on the vest.  I'm not sure how I feel about the pants, boots and gloves.  I also tightened up the lining on the eyes.

• Like 7

I usually paint miniatures with less contrast or brightness the lower on the figure you get.  I want to draw attention to her torso, arms and head.  I'm afraid that if I gave her red boots that would become the focus point of the mini.

I made quite a bit of progress on various miniatures today.  Did eyes on Kitty, Suspect 7 (x2) from Relic Knights, and my exchange mini.  Kitty's eyes are small and deeply sculpted, which is a bad combo.  Made a bunch of other progress the above mentioned miniatures, but here's the progress on Kitty.

post-8582-0-14206300-1419480708_thumb.jpg   post-8582-0-69747300-1419480708.jpg   post-8582-0-19485700-1419480709_thumb.jpg   post-8582-0-84217500-1419480709_thumb.jpg

Went with Noir Black for boots and gloves.  Colored boots/gloves was making my eyes yell at me.  Also changed the shirt to Lemon Yellow.

The following outfit is my color scheme inspiration:

post-8582-0-84648200-1419480907.jpg

Edited by fanguad
  • Like 8