Sign in to follow this  
Sirithiliel

Hearthstone Woolly Rhino

I like this sculpt. Your golden coloration plays up its resemblance to a bear very nicely.

• Like 3

I like this sculpt. Your golden coloration plays up its resemblance to a bear very nicely.

It reminded me of a buffalo.

photo_zps38572256.jpg

• Like 1

I was inspiried by the Grizzly Bear, but it does have Bison leanings too. 

I figure if woolly mammoths were brown, and Musk Ox are brown, then other large furry mammals that lived in the snow would probably be brown as well

• Like 1

I was inspiried by the Grizzly Bear, but it does have Bison leanings too. 

I figure if woolly mammoths were brown, and Musk Ox are brown, then other large furry mammals that lived in the snow would probably be brown as well

It makes sense. Surviving mammoth (or was it mastodon?) hair is reddish-brown. (Hair bleaches out over time, so that means it could have been anything up to black originally)

Very nice indeed everything works really well the fur is awesome ;)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Glamberry
      Hi guys!
      Yesterday I visited Salute London, a big wargame convention. I was lucky enough to meet some of my favourite Mini makes in the UK and pick up various orders and Kickstarter Pledges. And Philip from Bears Head Miniatures was nice enough to let me have a prototype of the undead rhino that is featured in his upcoming Kickstarter. I hope I will able to do it justice!

• By Glamberry
      Hi guys!
      Yesterday I visited Salute London, a big wargame convention. I was lucky enough to meet some of my favourite Mini makes in the UK and pick up various orders and Kickstarter Pledges. And Philip from Bears Head Miniatures was nice enough to let me have a prototype of the undead rhino that is featured in his upcoming Kickstarter. I hope I will able to do it justice!

• By Glitterwolf
      89022: Alahazra, Iconic Oracle as crew for the Grenadier Undead Rhino Captive Carrier.
      On the base is a Bones Mummy fighting for his unlife with an approaching snake, luckily for him the Rhino tries to crush it.

Part of my Shifting Sands Army :
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79372-shifting-sands-glitterwolf-paints-egyptian-undead/

• By Glamberry
      Hey all, the first bones 3 mini I have finished painting (the base will get some love once I got some new supplies). I have to say I don't do a good job getting rid of mold lines but I'm happy it is finished. Ended up not doing much with the stone cause I only have a two grey shades and figured there was enough grey already. Does anyone have a good idea for the elephant? I kind of don't want to make him the same grey but lack imagination. Sorry for the crappy phone pics....I need to clear space for the photo booth.

• By Lidless Eye
      Also known was "Wait, hippos really are purple?"

These guys are some of my favorites from Bones III.  Sadly, the "Isle of Dread" style game I was running ended long before these arrived, but I was recently reading "Elephantmen", which was a good inspiration to get these done.

King Hippo.  His skin was already done when, during a paint jam, a buddy pointed out, Hippos are not pure grey.

I had to greenstuff back in his necklace, and carve out a nostril that wasn't cast properly.  I only noticed mid-paint.  And of course the zoom shows the mold lines I thought I got...

Obadiah Horn.  The simplest one, but I like his stance.

Ebony Hide, the Elephant.  I went with the obvious Zulu theme for him.  I couldn't figure out if his club was meant to be a bone or a wooden knobkerrie, but I went with wood.

• Who's Online   20 Members, 3 Anonymous, 35 Guests (See full list)