malefactus

MERRY CHRISTMAS...Goblin Style!

Wonderful and bright! I love your treemen. May the joy of the season last!

Thanks for the kind reply, Mierot! I'm delighted you enjoyed the piece. MERRY CHRISTMAS to you also!

A marvelous little diorama/vignette...just so fantastic and adorable!!!...But what else would I expect from the master of the twisted surrealistic fantasy and humor!!!...I can hear the (??????) faces singing Christmas carols (twisted versions maybe)...or singing old songs like The Streak or Grandma Was Run Over By A Raindeer!!!

Thank you for sharing this little gem!!!

Wishing you and yours a very festive and safe holiday season...Merry Christmas and Happy New Year...my friend!

Paul (Catdancer)

• Like 2

happy holidays.. regardless of which one you celebrate.   Enjoy good friends and good times!

Thanks, robinh...it is a time to make a Joyous Sound! HAVE A MERRY & A HAPPY!

Wonderful diorama and perfect for the season!

Thanks, zoroaster! I'm glad you like it...Goblins are big on compliments. HAVE A MERRY & A HAPPY, also!

What a wonderful tree!  Merry Christmas, Malefactus!

Thanks, LittleBluberry...he does have a pleasant smile! MERRY CHRISTMAS & A JOYOUS NEW YEAR!

That's a happy little scene; thanks for sharing it with us. Merry Christmas!

Thanks, Wolf...I was trying for something light & merry; serious & profound is the territory of other Folk. HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS & A JOYOUS NEW YEAR also!

Edited by malefactus
  • Like 1

A marvelous little diorama/vignette...just so fantastic and adorable!!!...But what else would I expect from the master of the twisted surrealistic fantasy and humor!!!...I can hear the (??????) faces singing Christmas carols (twisted versions maybe)...or singing old songs like The Streak or Grandma Was Run Over By A Raindeer!!!

Thank you for sharing this little gem!!!

Wishing you and yours a very festive and safe holiday season...Merry Christmas and Happy New Year...my friend!

Paul (Catdancer)

Thanks for the kind reply, Paul...I'm glad you liked it. I gave the piece to my friend, Cap'n John to give to his Choir Master...seemed appropriate. The Goblin Choir Master has the lyrics on his banner/scroll: "Fa La La La La & Stuff Like That...". Goblins are merry, but not particularly musical or original.

HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS & A NEW YEAR OF HAPPINESS!

Thanks for sharing Malefactus.

Merry Christmas everyone!

My pleasure...thanks for the reply, KruleBear! MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Aww so cute, love the goblin. And of course Merry Christmas.

Thanks, Marsya...I'm delighted you like it. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Merry Christmas!  And using Goblin math don't you celebrate the 12 days of Christmas? 12/20 to 12/20 on New Years eve?

Thanks & MERRY CHRISTMAS to you, ttuckerman! The Goblin concept of mathematics might set logic back thousands of years & sent Mathematicians into the Deep Purple Horrors...sounds like fun to moi.

Brings a whole new meaning to the carol "oh Christmas Tree" Merry Christmas!

Thanks for the reply, jdizzy! I think in this case it's "Oh Christmas Tree...RUN!!!". MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lord of the Dish Pit
      Have you ever thought to yourself, 
      "If only I could make this mini temporarily huge, I could really go to town on the details, blending, etc..."
      Because this line of thought is about to get me into trouble. I've seen quite a few examples of kickelf busts done here, and seeing the sunbleached and sorry state of some Garden Gnomes I found last year in a forgotten tote bin, ideas began to ferment. Also I've been playing more Mordheim than is probably healthy on the PS4 which led to dreams of Gnome Witch Hunters purging the lawn of weeds and heresy. Which then led to various other forms of madness that can be expressed in a lawn setting.... but for now let us begin with Gnomes and Mushrooms.

Partial basecoating done with some ancient craft paints, as I'm somewhat intimidated by the sheer amount of surface area I'm dealing with, and the fact that my skintone blending is not something I feel is paticularly strong as of now. The plan is to have his shirt come back up to white, and his overalls will also be black. The shoes as well, maybe. Beard and hair will likely be blonde. His walking stick might be converted to an axe once I find my hobby saw and get a pattern traced on some balsa wood. Overall, the vision is of Puritan/Amish village mob.

I've already coated the stems in beige spraypaint, and I'm thinking to paint the caps in an orange/red with white in the holes. I'm tempted to try sculpting some Malefaction faces on them, but seeing as how I've never sculpted anything before I figure it's best to get used to painting the absurdly large first. (As I type this I hear the voice of future me muttering something about how the sculpting is inevitable and something about moldmaking. He's suspiciously silent when I ask back concerning winning lotto numbers...)
    • By Cyradis
      I was browsing Kickstarter and saw this. It reminded me of @malefactus. Good mushroom people, reasonable cost. 

• By Glitterwolf
      I was heavily inspired with Malefactus work and I wanted to paint a Goblin old style and sculpt / add some mushrooms.

The Goblin is from Metal Magic ( now OOP).
      The Mushrooms , some are sculpted ( the larger and the round ones) and the pointy ones are Resin from Ristul's Market.

My WIP for those interested.

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/66981-goblin-with-mushrooms-metal-magic-by-xherman1964/?hl=bagpipe

The little guy has just consumed some mushrooms for inspiration on his latest musical creation. I wonder if the other Goblins will like his music.

Without further ado, the pics.

• By Maledrakh
      The "Wood Elemental" Spirit of the Forest. And quite a large one at that. Don't think you are going to do much damage with a sword and some arrows.
      I did this in late summer colours so it could go for the "spirit of summer" bonus thingy in the reaper forum resolutionary painting challenge. Makes me think of the many summer woodland walks and August camping trips with the boy scouts. Summer lasting all of three weeks here in Norway before the Autumn rains set in. Because Winter is Coming.

77184: Spirit of the Forest
      Reaper Bones
      from the first Bones KS
      sculpted by Jason Wiebe
      Bonesium PVC
      60mm base
    • By InvisibleThumb
      Here is my finished "spirit of the forest" diorama.  Including a bones bird familiar and metal squirrel familiar from 02756.  (The axe was from a Frostgrave plastic sprue - cultists or soldiers?)

wip is here

Pics

Oops - meant to put his in show off.  How do I fix it?  Mod help?
  • Who's Online   12 Members, 0 Anonymous, 54 Guests (See full list)