• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Flamehawke

• NomadZeke

• ub3r_n3rd

• Last Knight

Top Posters In This Topic

So I skipped another 15 pages or so. I assume you were all yourselves?

Well, it'd be pretty weird, even for here, if we were all somebody else. :blink:

My way, even if it sounds very odd, works every time. I saw it on Bill Nye the Science Guy when I was a kid.

You stand up, take a drink of water (mouthful) - don't swallow yet, bend over as far as you can at the waist, then swallow the water while in this position (head towards the floor).

Every.Single.Time.

Noted, and committed to memory.

Eh, I've been laughed at before. 

Besides karma will get them.

Or I'll hire that witch to put a hex on them.

Maybe you see about having her take the one off you?

Yay! 3 minis done so far this month. Working on the fourth one now, but the dragon took precedence

Hurray!

Yay! 3 minis done so far this month. Working on the fourth one now, but the dragon took precedence

Grats! I've got one Wookie completed...

Ah, so you let the Wookie win?

Good idea.

Wookies are like barbarians. If we lose, we rip your arms off and beat you with them.

I've noticed many similarities... ::P:

• Like 4

Finally sat down to watch the Kuro CLeanbrush tutorial...good stuff.

Gonna watch that either at the airport or at the hotel.

Watch it at the hotel, then you'll get all motivated and paint everything you brought with you, and you'll need to go out and find some more!

reminds me of what they did to my cousin at his wedding. Sparkly confetti (not glitter thankfully) dumped very carefully into the vents on his truck. When he next turned on the fan sparkly explosion...and for months after it kept coming out.

/takes notes

>Copies Zeke's notes<

Does everyones painting tables look basically the same?

I.e.:

Paint spattered cutting board

Mostly finished projects

Some basing materials

A couple of drawings

Random assortment of various tools

and a tube for cerebral spinal fluid.

You forgot about the blood of your enemies.

I mix it with my red paint sometimes.

I approve.

I can't sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to hear it; I slept pretty badly last night myself...

Hmmm... Maybe next time the Box o' Goodwill sign up comes around I'll sign up for that...

You're certainly welcome to!

• Like 5

I also appear to have accidentally made a pair of 15mm hoverbikes.

Did I say two? I meant three. Definitely three. The third wasn't an accident while I was tweaking the first two, Nopenopenope.
Can you accidentally make a Hover board like Back to the Future?
  • Like 7

Hmmm... Maybe next time the Box o' Goodwill sign up comes around I'll sign up for that...

You really should

You're certainly welcome to!

It seems like a lot of fun. I was poking around in the chatter thread and decided that since I have my mini mojo back I want to do stuff. When it started I was feeling very "bleh" so I didn't even look at it.  But, yeah, February sounds good ^_^

• Like 6

Happy [?] Accidents

Painted the Infinity dude's base, came out meh. He's for gaming, screw it. Go to pin him on, pin on back foot won't fit, it's too angled. Try to snip it off, fail. Try to saw it, too hard. Risked my plastic snips to get it, probably dinged them again, didn't want to look. Scraped the heck out of it, repainted it black. Now the one pin goes in, but teh feet are nowhere near flush unless I push hard. Put on just enough glue and push hard. Wait a full minute, fingers are dying, trying not to break his arms or pack off. Gently let go and he rocks back out of place. He's got some wiggle, so I try to pull the pin out...and it comes off his foot, staying on the base. Gently set the whole mess aside, lest I throw it all in the wood stove.Put Bailey in the light box for pics, forgot to hit her with dulcote but hey she's tabletop who cares. Well, the pics are shiny and awful. And I honestly get upset just looking at the brush strokes on her and don't want to even post her in the pageant thread. Refrained from throwing her into the wood stove.I'm just really not feeling the hobby all of a sudden.

Some days are off days when nothing seems to work. Sorry your having one of those.

@Cash: like bears, sometimes the brush wins... +1 to what rhombus said.

I also appear to have accidentally made a pair of 15mm hoverbikes.

Did I say two? I meant three. Definitely three. The third wasn't an accident while I was tweaking the first two, Nopenopenope.

This is greatness.

Cash has an accident: minis are in danger of melting. I have a 30mm scale accident: a cowboy is ruined; I have a 1:1 scale accident: I am out $160 of real money.

It is great to be a frog. That is all.

• Like 7

Just take a short break, go do something else, take your mind off it. That's what I do, I need some time between my projects or else I get kind of burned out - normal break is between 2 days and a week. Usually it's some brainless TV or video games, but for you it may be strumming on your guitar or hanging out with friends or something.

Even better, I went to bed. Had a beer and started the next Haldeman book in the series. Feeling better this morning, at least the base looks decent.

It's /almost/ enough to make me like plastic miniatures. With plastic glue this would be a non-issue...

I'm going to have to find some calming mantra before attempting rose sculpture...

• Like 5

Popping in quickly before heading off to work this morning with two things I wanted to share:

• I saw the following on my way into work yesterday:

A wookie on her way to work....
    10924753_10153103985055815_8304077766887

• My husband and I are going to see Brian Adams in concert tonight!  Squeeee!

That is all.   ^_^

Edited by MatrissaTheEnchantress
  • Like 10