• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Flamehawke

• NomadZeke

• ub3r_n3rd

• Last Knight

Top Posters In This Topic

well, I shan't be around to see it. Nor shall I have a chance to replace lady Pingo in spot #3 for I think it is time I make my way off to the land of dreams with Winkin Blinkin and Nodd

Sounds like a legal firm - Winkin, Blinkin and Nod, attorneys at snore

• Like 8

So instead of working on touching up my duelist I decided to sort out squinting for my SS mini. A bit hard, but oh well. I think it will work now so the rest of the colors should fall into place now to help it pull together.

• Like 2

Sooo very tired.  And a little stunned at how much kitchen stuff we own.  But we managed to empty the kitchen and I also managed to catch up on the Randomness before the great Thread Locking occurred. 

Now to sleep.  Kitchen guys show up at 9am and I need to wipe down the inside of the stove before they get here...

• Like 10

I loved He-Man, watched the crap out of it when I was a kid, but the whole "He-Man as a metaphor for the effect of AIDS on the gay community in the 80's" thing totally ruined it for me. Alas.

Meanwhile, finally starting the Bond marathon. Dr. No, go!

Check out the new DC Masters of the Universe. It turns many of the accepted tropes on their heads, mostly in better ways so far (IMO).

• Like 1

well, I shan't be around to see it. Nor shall I have a chance to replace lady Pingo in spot #3 for I think it is time I make my way off to the land of dreams with Winkin Blinkin and Nodd

Sounds like a legal firm - Winkin, Blinkin and Nod, attorneys at snore

I was going to say Attorneys at Chaos when I realized that in English English the pun works. Very nice.

Also, are you kids all still awake? Turn off the scrying pool and get some sleep in there ...

• Like 7

Whereas I am a tad insomniac.

I don't know about forum post counts. Thread post counts you just click on the number of replies from the forum page. Or whatnot.

Meanwhile, how in the crap am I the seventh most prolific poster, here?!?

It ... Can sneaak up on you. <.<

ReaperBryan doesn't love us... we have only 1 post from him this entire thread!

ReaperBryan has been busy.

Also: top ten list here: NomadZeke 1708 ub3r_n3rd 1494 Pingo 875 ShadowRaven 780 dsmiles 696 pcktlnt 575 Marvin 544 buglips*the*goblin 525 Chaoswolf 427 MissMelons 380

Wow look at Pingo!

You know, people keep saying that ...

• Like 8

'Tis only 8pm here - I just put my very-nearly two year old to bed. He's wising up to the bed-delaying tactics of calling out 'book!', 'wee wee!' as we go into his room and get him settled with some stories. Of course no matter how many I read he would just want more. I'm wondering at what point in the future I will crack open The Hobbit and read him chapters at bed time. Things to look forward to.

• Like 10

About 3:30 AM here. Good morning, everyone. (Although I am likely to be able to sleep again in a bit.)

"The Hobbit" is a fine book for reading aloud to Young'uns, so long as they are not likely to be freaked out by, say, the storm in the mountains or

the death of Fili and Kili. That hit me hard at the age of seven.

Seriously, Gollum did not upset me half so much.

My husband read the entire "Hobbit" and "Lord of the Rings" aloud to the kids in turn. He loved doing Gollum's voice (which was nothing like the movie version, although my SIL can do a remarkable impression of that one).

• Like 7

Holiday time is one of the best times to relax and recharge a bit.

Edited in:

::grump:: I hate when the superglue open in such a way that you get superglue all over your and and then have to hold your hand a certain way to avoid gluing anything together or to it. Luckily it will come off eventually. Just take awhile ::sigh::

Edited by Flamehawke
  • Like 4

I think in the past when I've had superglue on my fingers and am still mid-assembly, I have just used some tissues to wipe the excess and if I have little shreds of tissue on my skin, well it has served its purpose of drying the glue and letting me continue. I haven't tried this but I do recall cyanoacrylate 'sets' faster with water, so a quick wetting of your hand might also at least set it so you can keep going.

• Like 6