• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Flamehawke

• NomadZeke

• ub3r_n3rd

• Last Knight

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, my group is pretty good about this though. Whoever is DM'ing will let the players know how dangerous it could be and to roll up extra characters beforehand in case of deaths.

If you fail the GM's "Are you sure you want to do that?" test, you deserve what befalls you.

Yeah, most of the time, if I kill a player, it's because they did something to cause it, and were probably warned.

(Last week, I actually pulled a punch on a player that did something dumb to get himself killed, but I forgot to warn him going in. It didn't seem fair to 1-shot annihilate him.)

• Like 4

Yours too, Froggy?

Lol, photobombed by your cat, Lady Hawke?  It came early then...interesting.  Also took me longer than I should have to even notice I had a friend request...I usually ignore that list since if I didn't send it, it's someone I am not terribly excited about talking to.

Sith

A surprise? A little mischief, perhaps? Which also varies but still is usually fun.

Yes. merlin wanted to investigate them and be loved during that time. He hates being ignored in favor of other objects. I knew you 2 were up to something...

Sorry. I figured why not since I already chatter with you and keep meaning to say hello.

You know I now have to figure how to fill it

Sylvena

Perhaps I meant mischief. Perhaps I meant something else...

I am going to town tonight

It's alright. No harm done. Does the pen have a little twisty cylinder sorta mechanism inside?

sith

I've actually not been to town here, have had little reason to...Just the local places that sometimes threaten the dragoness and need "attitude adjustment" is all I'm familiar with.

• Like 1

My favorite was when we forgot to stake a partymember who was killed by a Chinese Hopping Vampire (Deadlands).

Next session, former PC eats us all on the streets of Shan Fan.

There's your problem!

You don't  stake the Jiangxi. You fill their mouths with rice, and fix a seal scroll to their foreheads.

Silly Frog!

At any rate, we didn't do it.

That was the game where my former character's schtick was "They always shoot the sheriff, but they do not shoot the deputy."  He steadfastly refused promotion to Sheriff, for obvious reasons.  Then he was dragged into a cave and eaten by wendigoes.

• Like 8

except when the GM uses the 'are you sure" test for everything, even if it is a good idea...

I only use it when its a very bad idea. And yes I have had players conditioned by it being used for everything to just do the action

Of course they were also conditioned to the GM will use hearing your plans to destroy the enemy. And would demand I leave the table so the party could plan without fear. 

They also assumed if I loved the plan and thought it would be great fun it had to be nixed. Which led to a scene never playing out that I would have given huge bonuses to and even told them I would make sure they had a chance to make it work as I loved the plan. I was very sad

Yours too, Froggy?

Lol, photobombed by your cat, Lady Hawke?  It came early then...interesting.  Also took me longer than I should have to even notice I had a friend request...I usually ignore that list since if I didn't send it, it's someone I am not terribly excited about talking to.

Sith

A surprise? A little mischief, perhaps? Which also varies but still is usually fun.

Yes. merlin wanted to investigate them and be loved during that time. He hates being ignored in favor of other objects. I knew you 2 were up to something...

Sorry. I figured why not since I already chatter with you and keep meaning to say hello.

You know I now have to figure how to fill it

Sylvena

Perhaps I meant mischief. Perhaps I meant something else...

I am going to town tonight

It's alright. No harm done. Does the pen have a little twisty cylinder sorta mechanism inside?

sith

I've actually not been to town here, have had little reason to...Just the local places that sometimes threaten the dragoness and need "attitude adjustment" is all I'm familiar with.

Uh. Yes and apparently it has ink in it...

I thought I would check out some of the bars

• Like 1

Yeah, most of the time, if I kill a player, it's because they did something to cause it, and were probably warned.

(Last week, I actually pulled a punch on a player that did something dumb to get himself killed, but I forgot to warn him going in. It didn't seem fair to 1-shot annihilate him.)

I've heard of gaming groups with strict enforcement of their rules but not that strict!

Edit: also, I have apparently forgotten all the emoticon codes. Again.

Edited by Erifnogard
  • Like 2

I wish I had a jetbike.

Me too.

I, on the other hand, don't much care whether Froggy had a jetbike*. OTOH, I want one for myself.

* Other than for the song:

Froggy had a jetbike and he did ride

With screwdriver and VCR by his side, uh-huh, uh-huh, uh-huh.

The scansion does need a bit of work.

• Like 6

I'm not a very experienced GM yet (though I am hoping running my first PbP will help) but I think I would be the sort that I would use 'are you sure' not just for bad ideas, but as a way to encourage the player or players to really think the idea through, and go in with a plan. Be it a good plan or a bad plan. I will, I think punish stupid, but I won't punish ignorance, and I want players to go into something knowing they where responsible for it's sucess or it's failure, unless epic bad rolls happen.

• Like 5

Ok you'd have to talk to LK about that...I'm not sure what he did on his side exactly...

Sith

That sounds like fun. Granted I probably should probably tone down the 'dark overlord' sort of thing to really have fun with it.

And for those curious, when I say my battletech players have to fight a "Monster" I mean this:

...that's the deadliest 'rabbit' I've ever seen...4 300mm cannons armed with pair-annihilation warheads.

• Like 4

I've heard of gaming groups with strict enforcement of their rules but not that strict! :80:

I take these things very seriously. :mellow:

• Like 6

Ok you'd have to talk to LK about that...I'm not sure what he did on his side exactly...

Sith

That sounds like fun. Granted I probably should probably tone down the 'dark overlord' sort of thing to really have fun with it.

And for those curious, when I say my battletech players have to fight a "Monster" I mean this:

...that's the deadliest 'rabbit' I've ever seen...4 300mm cannons armed with pair-annihilation warheads.

that's from Macross Frontier isn't it? 

• Like 2

I'm not a very experienced GM yet (though I am hoping running my first PbP will help) but I think I would be the sort that I would use 'are you sure' not just for bad ideas, but as a way to encourage the player or players to really think the idea through, and go in with a plan. Be it a good plan or a bad plan. I will, I think punish stupid, but I won't punish ignorance, and I want players to go into something knowing they where responsible for it's sucess or it's failure, unless epic bad rolls happen.

Honestly, I have been GM'ing for many years, and I'm still a total cream-puff.

I think I can count the number of characters I've snuffed over the past 20+ years on one hand. (Barely)

• Like 5

Sith

Is it wrong that that clip left me grinning like an idiot? ::D:

• Like 2

Sith

that's from Macross Frontier isn't it? 

Originally yes.

The Monster was in battletech as well (not THAT overpowered though) before the harmonygold lawsuit. Then it became the Behemoth/Stone Rhino...There are actually stats for that 'style' of monster in it though...I think 390 tons, 100 tons of armor, 6 thunderbolt 20s, 4 improved heavy gauss rifles with high explosive rounds, and I forget what else.

Nah, It's expected, klarg.

Edited by NomadZeke
  • Like 1