• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Flamehawke

• NomadZeke

• ub3r_n3rd

• Last Knight

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a very experienced GM yet (though I am hoping running my first PbP will help) but I think I would be the sort that I would use 'are you sure' not just for bad ideas, but as a way to encourage the player or players to really think the idea through, and go in with a plan. Be it a good plan or a bad plan. I will, I think punish stupid, but I won't punish ignorance, and I want players to go into something knowing they where responsible for it's sucess or it's failure, unless epic bad rolls happen.

Oh I have been known to straight up tell them that it is a very bad idea to proceed with an idea. Sometimes they still do and at after I flat out tell them its a bad idea and they will get wiped if they do it. At that point I am not responsible any longer

Ok you'd have to talk to LK about that...I'm not sure what he did on his side exactly...

Sith

That sounds like fun. Granted I probably should probably tone down the 'dark overlord' sort of thing to really have fun with it.

And for those curious, when I say my battletech players have to fight a "Monster" I mean this:

...that's the deadliest 'rabbit' I've ever seen...4 300mm cannons armed with pair-annihilation warheads.

Let's just say I should have read the letter first. Just a few drops...

Its a Jinhao

Sylvena

Which is why I plan to do it.

The bars are a bit more fun than the lords areas

So you want to join me?

Ok you'd have to talk to LK about that...I'm not sure what he did on his side exactly...

Sith

That sounds like fun. Granted I probably should probably tone down the 'dark overlord' sort of thing to really have fun with it.

And for those curious, when I say my battletech players have to fight a "Monster" I mean this:

...that's the deadliest 'rabbit' I've ever seen...4 300mm cannons armed with pair-annihilation warheads.

that's from Macross Frontier isn't it? 

Originally yes.

The Monster was in battletech as well (not THAT overpowered though) before the harmonygold lawsuit. Then it became the Behemoth/Stone Rhino...There are actually stats for that 'style' of monster in it though...I think 390 tons, 100 tons of armor, 6 thunderbolt 20s, 4 improved heavy gauss rifles with high explosive rounds, and I forget what else.

Nah, It's expected, klarg.

::D:

I didn't think the Monster made it past the original Battledroids sculpt in its basic form. I thought the Behemoth was the closest we ever came under the "Battletech" moniker. Am I wrong?

I'm familiar with the Behemoth/Stone Rhino. I've kinda dropped out of the Battletech community. I still like the game, but my interest in everything else has kinda fell off as of late. I wasn't aware that the Super-Heavy mech rules went to that much tonnage, and I've never seen rules for explosive gauss ammo

• Like 1

It's a good idea to clean thoroughly even before putting in like colors...just because some inks don't mix well. It can get really ugly unless you know how they blend. But now you have your own! It was really difficult to not outright tell you you were getting a fountain pen and stuff.

Sith

I'd be up for hitting the bars...not literally, it's close enough to the weekend anyways.

Let me get a pic, Klarg...I have one somewhere...
SR: It kinda has to be house-ruled to even come close...the other LAMs stayed fairly true to their power levels between the two though.

Edited by NomadZeke
  • Like 2

I'm partial to the Rhino CAV for that, v1 stats.

Not my favorite CAV, but yeah, it's on that track.

Arena Rex just opened their web store with a new Rhino sculpt that tempts me. It's actually a bit bigger than I would really want, but there aren't many such animals available.

Edited by klarg1
  • Like 1

Hey Froggy, do you mods get more than 2 URL links for your signature? Or was yours like "grandfathered in" since you've been around here so long?

I...have no idea, I wasn't paying attention.

No biggie, was just curious as when I've edited mine I noticed the "no more than 2 urls are allowed"

• Like 2

I'm familiar with the Behemoth/Stone Rhino. I've kinda dropped out of the Battletech community. I still like the game, but my interest in everything else has kinda fell off as of late. I wasn't aware that the Super-Heavy mech rules went to that much tonnage, and I've never seen rules for explosive gauss ammo

Someday you may have to show me what makes playing with giant robots so fun

It's a good idea to clean thoroughly even before putting in like colors...just because some inks don't mix well. It can get really ugly unless you know how they blend. But now you have your own! It was really difficult to not outright tell you you were getting a fountain pen and stuff.

Sith

I'd be up for hitting the bars...not literally, it's close enough to the weekend anyways.

Let me get a pic, Klarg...I have one somewhere...

SR: It kinda has to be house-ruled to even come close...the other LAMs stayed fairly true to their power levels between the two though.

I kinda guessed. You let slip a bit too much info...

Sylvena

Then lets have some fun.

Especially as if all goes well tomorrow night we will be taking inventory of items

• Like 1

Got in the Derbyshire Fairy KS, so I have both the materials and instructions to make a dead, mummified fairy. Throw some teeth in and it's a dead tooth fairy.

Might not work with the mousetrap idea tho. That'd have to be a fresh kill.

Oh my goodness. Pics please, if you would.

I'll have to actually MAKE one first. Got my CAV video series to finish, the ReaperCon figure to continue, and then the next video series to start. Add on top the WIPs that I've neglected and the ones I'm not even documenting. It'll be a while. But, the plan is to make up a bunch of fairies in frames, like one does with butterflies, for the wife's craft/gift/home decor store before Halloween. So there's a deadline.

By the way, we trying to kill the thread now? Seems like it. But I was curious how many spoiler tags could nest, and now I know.

• Like 2