Sign in to follow this  
Werkrobotwerk

VOID Militia as Shadowrunners

These are three minis I got from Jasper_the_2nd's Starship superstar contest. VOID Militia, I decided I'd rather paint them up as shadowrun mooks.

2014-12-31%2018.48.47_zps0exkvpk5.jpg

First up we have a girl from the UCAS who really should consider skipping arm day at the gym.

2014-12-31%2018.45.57_zpsvkojzyjt.jpg

2014-12-31%2018.44.16_zpsvrligwyj.jpg

Followed by the only male in the group with a pink bowl cut mirror shades and a Saeder Krupp shirt.

2014-12-31%2018.48.19_zpscpkyaxlt.jpg

2014-12-31%2018.47.49_zpsff7p0qvy.jpg

Finally a red street samurai with obligatory kanji on her jacket, that she likely can't read.

2014-12-31%2018.47.14_zpsqv4qtrvu.jpg

2014-12-31%2018.46.39_zps1guhqkds.jpg

• Like 16

When I saw VOID in the title I thought of Jasper_the_2nd's sci fi contest, and of course I can't resist the Shadowrun concept.

These are cute. They've got a nice graphic feel and a sort of colorful retro-eighties future look.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Chaoswolf
      I made these three guys out of my bits box. The bodies and arms are Wargames Factory Vikings, the heads and weapons are from various other sources. The Wargames Factory bits have rather shallow detail, so I didn't spend too much time painting them. I figure they'll make good village militia and/or bandits. Background figures whose job is to take up space and get killed by either the heroes or the orcs.

• By Chaoswolf
      Lithia surveyed her surroundings warily; the battle for this ship wasn't over yet. Thanks to the warning from that ELz-1 protection unit that their unusual passenger had, they were aware of the raiders almost as soon as they struck. The rest of the ship's security and crew had broken up into small groups to ferret out the attackers. Thanks to her background with the commandos, she was scouting ahead of the main group by herself, which was exactly how she liked it.

I found this figure on the melt table at Reapercon; she was headless and had some damage to her back, but I liked the figure and grabbed it anyway. I recently rediscovered her a few weeks ago while I was looking for something else, and decided to fix her up. Her head came from ShieldWolf miniatures plastic shieldmaiden kit, and I covered up the damage on her back by giving her a backpack/comm unit/tech thingy made from part of a GW plasma pistol, and bits of Bones sprue carved to shape.

Thanks for looking.

• By malefactus
      This is the Crew that Rapunzel uses to work her nefarious schemes, run her errands, & generally cause mayhem about Town. Rapunzel needs to hire an new Director of Personnel. Bet that as it may, here is the first part of the Gang. The second part will follow immediately after with a Group Portrait to tie it all together.

The Psycho Faerie:

...off with his head!:

...seen here intimidating the Locals:

...The Villagers;

...The Guard:

...The Militia:

AND The Pack Rat & Drover:

...Part II forthcoming.

• By Kuro Cleanbrush
      Hey everyone!  So sorry I've been gone from the forums so long (I miss you all badly and will be catching up with life on the forums again now!), but life has been a very wild (but also very good!) ride this summer/early fall, and I just let projects pile up and kill my motivation.  Consequently, I decided to push everything aside and just paint a simpler mini that I've long wanted to work on in order to knock the rust off my painting skills!  Plus, seeing the excellent James Wappel painting all of his cool Archangels while mine languished in their blisters was just too much for me to take!

She definitely has some flaws, and my blending is not as smooth everywhere as I would like, but she was a fun mini, and I loved working on her!

Thanks so much for looking, and I'm so glad to be back with all my painting friends!!!
    • By Maledrakh
      Still struggling to find some time to get some painting done. Still, what few minis I actually get around to painting this month will all go into the resolutionary challenge total. As per the resolutionary painting challenge guidelines, I will post them here, and link in my post in the challenge thread.

I have some half painted, started and aborted minis standing around on the shelf taking up space and making a general nuisance of themselves. So in a concerted move to get rid of a few of them, I am currently trying to finish at least one mini from the shelf for each new I start up...

Today I finished this old Void Viridian Marine with Chaingun, one of a lovely set of minis sculpted by Kev White (of Hasslefree miniatures) for the now defunct game Void. Kev White is one of my favorite sculptors, he made most of the good minis at Harlequin Miniatures back in the day, and many for Warzone second edition. I believe I have most of those in my collection. Void was published by I-Kore, and tried to fill the niche left by the collapse of Target Games (Warzone). As far as I know it did not do all that well. But it did have some great figures (and of course the mandatory really bad ones)

I call her Vasquez. 

This was a leftover mini from the olden days when I painted a squad of Viridian Marines for use as Imperial Guard Catachans in 40k. The relative simple green trousers and white singlet is the same squad colours I used for them.

• Who's Online   19 Members, 0 Anonymous, 27 Guests (See full list)