Mothers: Year of the Giants Diorama Entry

Kharsin

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice! I like it. The snow does look a bit gloopy but overall the scene draws the eye away from that. Snow does form cracks like that usually when it warms and then a sudden freeze comes along. The only thing that bothers me is that I find it hard to believe she would have had her eggs out in the open like this. A minor issue. I still like it.

I have been following your progress on this and I think it came out amazingly well. You should be very proud ;). Love the overall effect nothing looks out of place or forced ;)

WOW! Eggs are genius and i like the colors on the frost wyrm.

If you want you could get some model snow (several options, but i used model railroad stuff from Hobby Lobby). Put a little white glue on your existing snow and sprinkle the ground model snow on it.

Hahahaha, thanks guys (and gals!) I definitely appreciate the input. There are several request for a Kaya close up, but I didn't include one because she got plenty of attention here. I was going to get a few, but the tree (and my set up) made it difficult to get a few. I do have a few more shots (a lot actually) that I could put up. Hmmmm.....

• Like 3

Bran (a.k.a.: The Ugly Baby) This is an extreme close up, as evidenced by the size of the birch pod leaves. I'd tried to get an above shot of him, but couldn't due to the angle of the tree and where the branches fell. It's also evidence of my meager sculpting skills. LOL!

post-12973-0-15083100-1420085645_thumb.jpg

post-12973-0-08385300-1420085647_thumb.jpg

post-12973-0-39769500-1420085648_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

An excellent diorama, and congratulations on making it into the store! :bday: :bday:

Another option for snow is plain ol' Liquitex modeling paste that you can pick up at any Hobby Lobby type store.  I've never had an issue with it cracking and once it sets you can paint it or add whatever effects you want over the top.