I think my Spriggan is borked.  wait, we'll just hire it!  For the Motherland! 

Seriously though, that is a nice looking Colossal.  Really nice.

My only critique is with the 'fire vents.'  They look flat when compared to the rest of the mini.  I'd like to see a bit of fire in there, but that's just me.  Overall, it's a jaw-dropping mini to be proud of.

• Like 2

My only critique is with the 'fire vents.'  They look flat when compared to the rest of the mini.  I'd like to see a bit of fire in there, but that's just me.  Overall, it's a jaw-dropping mini to be proud of.

Thought about it, and decided against it. None of my other non-Ret 'jacks have any glowy bits on them, so I wanted to keep to the trend.

• Like 1

Thought about it, and decided against it. None of my other non-Ret 'jacks have any glowy bits on them, so I wanted to keep to the trend.

Makes perfect sense.  Carry on and don't mind the crazy Khadoran over here.

• Like 2

No, you're absolutely right. It would have looked better with some glow from the vents, but...OCD calls to me...

• Like 3

No, you're absolutely right. It would have looked better with some glow from the vents, but...OCD calls to me...

So add glowy bits to the rest.  Problem solved.

j/k

Awesome looking beast!  I can hear the gears turning.

• Like 1

I love how this turned out! I have massive respect for anyone who paints anything remotely large, and this thing looks massive! It is definitely a machine to be proud of!

• Like 1

Oh. Hells. Yes.

Simply awesome. Love the weathering, especially the rust on the crane-arm.

• Like 1

That thing is awesome! And you did an amazing job on it  ^_^

Just stick some of the translucent bones fireballs in them :lol:

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Aard_Rinn
      For the last few months since Reapercon, I've been focusing on pumping out minis to avoid the rut I got into last year. When I saw that Reaper had released the ghost sailors as metal figures, well... I knew what one of my October projects was going to be. I loved these guys as part of the Bones IV kickstarter, but I've not enjoyed painting plastic minis as much since getting back into metals at the Reapercon melt table, so I was psyched to order them and put in an order that night... Most of the rest I had from Reapercon, although I think I picked up Labella there too.

Either way, these guys painted up gorgeous and easy using my go-to one-two spirit technique! As a firm believer in spooky blue ghosts, I started by priming them white, then giving them a couple layers of Irrisen Blue from the new Pathfinder paintset... My old blue standby was from the HD line and the bottle has faded to the point of illegibility, but it was almost identical. Then once it's dry, I drybrush heavily with Linen White (pure white comes out looking starched, and bluer whites don't show on the blue, but linen is perfect) and... call it a day. Decorate the bases, maybe some pizza... 's good. That said, minis painted using this technique meet my #1 requirement for ghost minis: They're distinctive on the table!

I debated doing some OSL, but decided that it would wash the bases out, unfortunately. I like it better this way, with the bases nice and grounded, and the ghosts spooky and glowing! Lots of fun base details on these, too - 10/10 recommend picking them up if you have any sort of use for them!

Miniatures involved (not enough tags for them all): 03965: Ghost Pirate Cook, 03966: Ghost Pirate Quartermaster, 03967: Ghost Pirate Captain, 03968: Ghost Pirate Bosun, 03969: Drowned Nymph Ghost: Banshee, 03718: Ghost Bride, 03475: Labella DeMornay, Banshee, 03170: Lurien, Ghost, 14168: Gauren, Necropolis Hero, 03799: Female Wraith

03965: Ghost Pirate Cook

03966: Ghost Pirate Quartermaster

03967: Ghost Pirate Captain

03968: Ghost Pirate Bosun

03969: Drowned Nymph Ghost: Banshee

03718: Ghost Bride

03475: Labella DeMornay, Banshee

03170: Lurien, Ghost

14168: Gauren, Necropolis Hero

03799: Female Wraith

Of all of these, if I had to pick favorites... Hm... Ghost Bride and Gauren. They took the drybrushing perfectly and are super-fun figures!
    • By Lidless Eye
      Fresh from their latest Kickstarter, here are some Mercenaries from MOMMiniaturas.   They're really making me want to play Mordheim again.

The Ogres:

A Witch Hunter type:

A self-portrait that I had to get as an add-on:

A very obvious remake of one of Mordheim's first special characters, Johann the Knife:

The rest of the Empire-style mercenary scum:

• By cosxcam
      First real attempt at object source lighting.

Model was zenithal primed and painted using glazes and inks

• By EvilJames
      Talk like a Pirate Day seems as good a day as any to start my Frostgrave: GA terrain thread. I'm making a bunch of Islands for a game I am running for two back to back conventions, Rock- Con and Gameholecon. I have a few Islands carved out of foam already and some bases for them cut from the leftover scraps of wall paneling for my basement room.
      Here are my first 3 before they are based. Already populated with other things I need to photograph.

Front and back of a piece of panel scrap. This piece wasn't the right size for any of my islands that I've cut, but that's alright I need to cut a few more and a beach anyway.

The two islands I have, ready for priming and painting. There is a third island but it's not based yet. I'm currently gluging to the "brick" side of the panel so the island rest evenly on the table. Should I continue that or would it make more sense to glue to the smooth side? The intent here is to have a bunch of bridges that connect the islands. I have some docks I got off of thigiverse that should work for this but I don't have enough of the parts printed to show.

Hopefully I'll have some time to work on this this weekend. It needs to be done before the last week of October.

• By kazmania7
      The last of my recent work. This month I felt like tackling a few drow for practice, I have a set of raging hero's dark elves been dying to do but first want to get really comfortable painting drow so ran across him in my old figures and my mind instantly whispered DROW.

• Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 220 Guests (See full list)