Getting to Know Each Other -- January 2015

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Question for January 8th:

What is your favorite foreign thing/culture/food/product?

Scottish eggs.

Warhammer-stuff :down: (based on sheer volume)

All due respect to QwkS: tried sushi, liked it...

Indian curry whilst watching Japanese anime would be pretty much a perfect evening.

I do love sushi but after having been violenetly ill the last couple of times I am currenly giving it a wide berth. I think the I've narrowed it down to being unable to stomach too much nori but I'm not really willing to put that to the test for a long time yet.

• Like 1

I would've say my wife, but she is naturalized now so at the moment I'd say my mother-in-law because she is making this baby rearing thing relatively easy and I'm getting all kinds of great Chinese food out of it too.

If we're not talking about specific people, I'm a big fan of French wine, bread and cheese. Of course the foreign thing I most want but don't have is a European vacation schedule (8+ weeks!)

There is no right answer for that question.

Not if you like breathing, anyway.

Or if you can truthfully answer no. Edited by falstius
  • Like 3

Hm.  Have to go with Ancient Egypt. I've been fascinated with the archaeology of the region since I was a wee little sprout. I have a framed, 3'x4' poster of Tutankhamen's funeral mask on my wall which I purchased when "he" toured the US and was in Seattle in 1978 (I was 10).  I did go to see the more recent tour and while I enjoyed the exhibit I was rather disappointed when the only posters they had available were a mere 12"x18" and weren't very picturesque either - I had thought about getting a partner for my existing one.

My love of Ancient Egypt indirectly led to my first undergraduate degree in Classical Studies (Studies Ancient Rome & Greece). My university didn't have a department that covered Egyptology so it was the next closest thing.   ^_^

(Now why I decided that was the degree to take at all is a whole 'nother ball o' wax.)

• Like 1