Getting to Know Each Other -- January 2015

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, and that is the sur-real part about it, because I'm not.  I was buying a mix of PF and D&D Next books and he commented on how it was a strange mix.  I was buying them so I could ensure that my sculpts conform to the rules of both systems, and for all the great reference art.  So I told him that, which lead him to questioning me more about what I do and which sculpts I have done for Reaper (he has a huge stock of Reaper figs).  Anyway, he got fairly excited about it.

Now I could see it if I were Gene with the Mouselings or Julie or Sandra with their dragons, but who's really that excited about my little animal packs, a wyvern, and one Victorian lady?

I guess there's nothing for it then:

You're going to have to sculpt a dragon. :devil:

• Like 6

Question for January 13:What is the weirdest thing that hasn't happened to you yet but you hope it will?

Win the lottery or otherwise have a giant pile of money fall in my lap...

Damon.

This.

Or find a gamer lady that hasn't ever been admitted to the Looney Bin...I know enough of those already

:huh: Did you mean to say this like this?
Perhaps a tad vague. I say such because historically, I tend to attract the quite literally unhinged ones as romantic prospects, and I would like that to change for once.
  • Like 3

I haven't been admitted to the Looney Bin. My sister has though...she's bipolar and refuses to take meds for it.

Weird thing for me would be finding a way to make a living doing things I already enjoy doing. Painting, designing things for games, and gaming,

• Like 4

Yeah, and that is the sur-real part about it, because I'm not.  I was buying a mix of PF and D&D Next books and he commented on how it was a strange mix.  I was buying them so I could ensure that my sculpts conform to the rules of both systems, and for all the great reference art.  So I told him that, which lead him to questioning me more about what I do and which sculpts I have done for Reaper (he has a huge stock of Reaper figs).  Anyway, he got fairly excited about it.

Now I could see it if I were Gene with the Mouselings or Julie or Sandra with their dragons, but who's really that excited about my little animal packs, a wyvern, and one Victorian lady?

Some day...I have an awesome idea for a dragon sculpt that I haven't seen anyone else do yet.

• Like 7

Some day...I have an awesome idea for a dragon sculpt that I haven't seen anyone else do yet.

If you keep using the same distributors, I'm in.

• Like 4

I tend to attract the quite literally unhinged ones as romantic prospects, and I would like that to change for once.

Man, you have no idea. I used to attract and seek out the crazy ones. The stories I could (but won't) tell...

But I am fascinated at just how utterly insane a lot of people are. No idea how they function through life.

• Like 6

I tend to attract the quite literally unhinged ones as romantic prospects, and I would like that to change for once.

Man, you have no idea. I used to attract and seek out the crazy ones. The stories I could (but won't) tell...

But I am fascinated at just how utterly insane a lot of people are. No idea how they function through life.

Too true. 

Oh, that's a whole 'nother layer of reality. Or unreality, as it were.

It was kind of funny when I bemoaned engineers at a table full of engineers at Reapercon...

I've got a cousin who will never live down telling my mother that "all women engineers are weird", while he was living with us no less. She was a software engineer for years and one of our aunts is a chemical engineer. He got the :grr:

• Like 4

There's good crazy, and "she's got a knife" crazy. My posting is more in reference to the latter

Bowf o' dem. I'm old and have been around. When I was living the gypsy lifestyle my only metric was 'does it sound fun?'...so I did a lot of crazy stuff. And it was mostly fun.

Glad to be old and boring now, though. Those times are better as stories, we lost a lot of good friends along the way and you start to take things a bit more seriously.

There's good crazy, and "she's got a knife" crazy. My posting is more in reference to the latter

Sympathy NZ.

Sounds like the ex I had that decided to stalk me when I said I did not want to date him (we had not even been on a date yet and he did that)