Getting to Know Each Other -- January 2015

Wildest thing that has happened recently has to be my cat's transmission giving up as I was driving to work, but better than the blowout at 70 mph on the interstate a few years ago.

That is weird...I didn't know cats HAD a transmission!  :blink:

Damon.  ::D:

How else would they...

...get it in gear? :B):

YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

• Like 3
  • Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, that's a whole 'nother layer of reality. Or unreality, as it were.

It was kind of funny when I bemoaned engineers at a table full of engineers at Reapercon...

You have my permission to bemoan engineers in my presence. I may well even agree with you. :upside:

This.

Or find a gamer lady that hasn't ever been admitted to the Looney Bin...I know enough of those already

:huh: Did you mean to say this like this?
Perhaps a tad vague. I say such because historically, I tend to attract the quite literally unhinged ones as romantic prospects, and I would like that to change for once.

This has only happened to me once, but literal institutionalization was involved. :down:

Still, I find the idea of your wish an appealing notion, as I have recently found myself single again. (Thankfully, that statement is not connected to my previous statement about institutionalization.)

Edited for clarity and to remove some nested quotes.

Edited by klarg1
  • Like 4

Wildest thing that has happened recently has to be my cat's transmission giving up as I was driving to work, but better than the blowout at 70 mph on the interstate a few years ago.

That is weird...I didn't know cats HAD a transmission!  :blink:

Damon.  ::D:

That's what I was wondering, too.

Question for January 13:

What is the weirdest thing that hasn't happened to you yet but you hope it will?

or otherwise have a giant pile of money fall in my lap...

OUCH!  I'd just prefer a bank check.  Less chance of permanent damage.

I got handed a giant paper check this year at school after Verizon donated $20K for technology upgrades to the school as a grant.  So I knocked that one off the list.

I've also run into former patients and clients in public, which has been weird (more for them) at times, and a little awkward, but fortunately I have been well behaved at every instance.  And I have always told them I would never run away screaming, but would say "hi!  If, and only if they acknowledged me first, for their own privacy.  So if they see me and it seems like I am ignoring them I probably am not, I am just respecting their privacy and new life.

I guess wish fulfillment weirdness would be to have some sort of silly short story or poem or character sketch I wrote or a doodle I sketched back in high school or college somehow be "discovered" and I could become wildly famous, except my homebody/reclusive nature and desire to kind of stay "normal" would allow me to sell the rights for a sum that would allow me to stay comfortable for the rest of my life and provide for my children and grandchildren, but never have to deal with the headache of celebrity.  Like, it could be optioned as the next hit YA movie series or something.  And I could use a nome de plume for the credits, so no one would ever know it was really me.

• Like 3

Question for January 13:

What is the weirdest thing that hasn't happened to you yet but you hope it will?

This, in itself, might sound weird but I don't want anything weird to happen to me.  

I posted 2 pages ago that nothing happens to me.  What I didn't post was - this is the way I like it.  I'm very much a creature of habit and something weird happening in my life would upset my equilibrium.

I am literally the most boring person I know (and very probably the most boring person you know).

• Like 2