Getting to Know Each Other -- January 2015

Question for January 13:

What is the weirdest thing that hasn't happened to you yet but you hope it will?

1. I cure all of my patients during their first appointment

2. I wake up one day and all of my miniatures (which is a lot) are miraculously painted at show quality

• Like 2
  • Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wildest thing that has happened recently has to be my cat's transmission giving up as I was driving to work, but better than the blowout at 70 mph on the interstate a few years ago.

That is weird...I didn't know cats HAD a transmission! :blink:

Damon. ::D:

Well, they do...

Caterpillar_930G_Side_View.jpg

But It would be weird to see one going 70mph and that is my answer, hope I never see that.

• Like 2

eh, you've probably seen a lot more Cat engines doing 70 MPH then you realize. Finning Cat makes a great many diesel engines for industrial and commercial applications, including a number of highway rigs. A friend of mine works for them.

• Like 3

Weirdest thing that hasn't happened but i wish it would...

That a rich long lost relative, twice removed has no heir so it goes to the next in line that is childless. Its just enough money to pay off student loans and maybe put new tires on the car

Now that is something weird that I hope will happen.

I guess.

• Like 2

Tough question.

I guess I'd have to go with winning 27 bajillion dollars in the lottery. Although that would require me to actually buy lottery tickets to have a chance at that... :lol:

• Like 1

Tough question.

I guess I'd have to go with winning 27 bajillion dollars in the lottery. Although that would require me to actually buy lottery tickets to have a chance at that... :lol:

That's what would make it weird :rock: I want to win the money lottery too, but I would rather buy minis than lottery tickets :lol:

• Like 3

Question for January 14th:

You did what? With whom?

What:

I talked about 3D CAD model-making.

Whom:

Bobby Jackson and Gene VanHorne

Where:

ReaperCon 14

Edited for tag; tags! Arrrgh.

Also...

What:

I answered bassackwards.

Whom:

Any who read this thread.

When:

Yesterday.

Why:

I was supposed to think of something I'd like to see happen. Weirdly, enough I would not want to win $200 million bucks all at once like that retired teacher I saw on the news. That's too much money; that's too many greedy lawyers suing me just because they can...

Edited by TGP
  • Like 2

Question for January 13:

What is the weirdest thing that hasn't happened to you yet but you hope it will?

I'm anticipating experiencing all kinds of weirdness when I go to the US in April.

We'll try to live up to your expectations.

• Like 3

Question for January 14th:

You did what?  With whom?

(Remember to keep your answers clean - kids read these boards)

Killed Col. Mustard in the Library with the Revolver.

• Like 9

Question for January 13:

I'm anticipating experiencing all kinds of weirdness when I go to the US in April.

Warning: Your experiences at ReaperCon may not be typical of your experiences elsewhere or elsewhen in the US.

I am literally the most boring person I know (and very probably the most boring person you know).

"Jokemeister"? I feel that you are subjecting us to some very deep satire here. ::D:

1. I cure all of my patients during their first appointment

2. I wake up one day and all of my miniatures (which is a lot) are miraculously painted at show quality

For #2: I haven't wished for competition level painting, but I have sometimes wished to wake up and discover that my miniatures painting / assembly / etc. has progressed as if I had magically invested 100+ hours in working on it during the night, and that my skills and painting backlog had advanced accordingly.

• Like 1

What : Climbed a 14,000 ft mountain.  

With Who:  my best friend (A) and my fav. cousin (E) 

Halfway down I stopped and offered hikus to everyone on the way up, introducing my self as 

"I'm John, and I will be your eccentric mountain poet for the day" 

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 2