Getting to Know Each Other -- January 2015

Froggy the Great

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dai,

Your response is only half complete. Your mysterious answer is needed to continue the game.

(My answer) Because the aircraft-grade aluminum wouldn't hold up to the stress.

"Why do I need titanium bed springs?"

My answer: Because they look cool and that is more important.

Question: Why does the Disc World rest on the back of Elephants instead of ball bearings?

My Answer: You can't fool me, it is Elephants all the way down.

Edited by TGP

Question for January 23:

What would you do and/or how would you survive an end-of-civilization event like a nuclear war or plague outbreak?

That's easy - I wouldn't.

I'm unfit, have a poor constitution and have no survival skills whatsoever.  The only way I could survive is by finding someone who knows what they are doing and hope that they have enough of a conscience that they let me tag along.  

Which will probably go great until our group starts running out of food and realize that cholesterol is a long term problem which they can ignore in favor of a full belly.

Also, I'm not even sure I could survive my internet going down, never mind an end-of-civilization event!

• Like 1

Question for January 23:

What would you do and/or how would you survive an end-of-civilization event like a nuclear war or plague outbreak?

Teamwork.  I have certain survival skills necessary for rebuilding.  I lack others so my only hope is to find a group of people who need construction (houses, fences, general farm maintenance) or animal husbandry (dogs,sheep, horses)  but can provide medical, combat and hunting expertise. 

I am also reasonably fit, and have a selection of camping and survival gear. 

For a long time my plan for the end of the world was to move in with my parents- they have a sheep farm with a large pack of dogs, its own water supply, wood heating and a few cattle. My mother took this I wont move back in with you unless there is an Apocalypse.  But my meaning was closer to When there is an Apocalypse.   Distance has made this plan B. plan A is dying trying to defend/ provide for my family. 

Edited by Evilhalfling