Getting to Know Each Other -- January 2015

Question for January 28th:

What do you most regret?

A good story in this case is more important than sticking to the facts.

I was given a character by my hubby. She's the wife of one of his characters. A long time ago she was played by a friend of his, and while the players never had a Thing, their characters developed a romance and ended up getting married. Well, this Annoyed their DM, who did have a Thing for the player of Shae (the character I was given). So in a fit of a spitefulness, he had Tiamat curse Shae to shatter into 100 black crystal shards, which were scattered across space and time. She could not be whole again until all 100 were reunited or Tiamat lifted the curse.

Hubby was not happy with this. Shae's original player quit playing soon after. But Hubby loved his character and didn't want to give him up. So he never gave up on his wife. He became a chronomancer and searched space and time for her.

Fast forward to our recently completed campaign, where I inherited Shae. Anyway, various things Happened. One of the things, was that Shae learned she was the daughter of Bahamut. Well, when you're the child of a god you've got to choose whether of not you want to stay mortal or ascend to demi-god status (which means you loose your character, cause Hubby won't let you play something that powerful, not in a normal campaign). Anyway, I'm all set to touch the normal, silver hourglass, which obviously represents Shae's mortal life. Then Hubby says "Are you sure?" in his DM voice, which always makes me second guess the hell out of myself. So I start second guessing the hell out of myself.

Twenty minutes later, Hubby is getting impatient, so Shae touches the platinum hourglass. "Rip up your character and spell sheets, she's no longer playable." I wanted to flipping kill him :grr:

Thankfully, since it was his fault, he had a way to undo it. But if I had touched the silver one, as I intended, I would have gotten Shae's true name and a bunch of nifty powers for her. He's so evil sometimes :blink: :lol:

• Like 3
  • Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes when I'm at work and surrounded by well to do corporate types I regret going to art school and having a meager salary and lots of debt.

But I think if I had some kind of corporate/financial/whatever high paying job I'd probably regret not going to art school.

Be like me! Go to art school and then get a high paying job! :lol:

(But spend one billazillon years in more school doing it. :down:)

But yes, I do have a bachelors in Fine Art, drawing/painting/sculpting, and that is nothing I regret. ::D:

Edited by Thes Hunter
  • Like 6

Regret? I think my regrets cannot be voiced here without a slight fear of a mod bat. Suffice to say they come from fears that were instilled in my by men I should have been able to trust. Those fears and lessons made me untrusting of the adults in my life. That is as much as I think I can safely say. My regrets stem from feeling unable to speak up to those who were out to protect me earlier than I did.

The infamous onomatopoeia of Captain America hitting a robot in the face with his shield that I dare not repeat here.

Not familiar with it, okay, I probably am, but it's early and I am decaffeinated.  If you can't post it because of forum rules, can you at least post a link to it with a NSFW warning.  Now I'm really curious.

My favorite Onomatopoeia.  Whoosh.  

So full of fond memory of being a child flying through the air as superheroes or dog fighting with toy planes or blowing stuff up with fireworks.

Edited by Qwyksilver
Added Onomatopoeia

The infamous onomatopoeia of Captain America hitting a robot in the face with his shield that I dare not repeat here.

Not familiar with it, okay, I probably am, but it's early and I am decaffeinated.  If you can't post it because of forum rules, can you at least post a link to it with a NSFW warning

To be honest, it's probably only rude/hilarious to Brits. NSFW though for those who are.

• Like 3

Not familiar with it, okay, I probably am, but it's early and I am decaffeinated.  If you can't post it because of forum rules, can you at least post a link to it with a NSFW warning

To be honest, it's probably only rude/hilarious to Brits. NSFW though for those who are.

He's commanding Cap to WHAT? ::o:

Being a long time fan of the 40K universe and Orks in particular, I'm going to go with "dakka" for my onomatopoeia.

• Like 1

Question for January 29th:

What is your favorite onomatopoeia?

I need a volunteer to take over the GTKY thread for February.

Splarp!

It is similar to splort. But this is the sound of more paint exiting a dropper bottle than I'd intended. Or the sound of getting more paint on a mini than I'd wanted. I really love that sound. <_<

I need a volunteer to take over the GTKY thread for February...........Feb is a short month, if nobody better qualified volunteers, you could talk me into it.

Edited by TGP
  • Like 2