Recently Browsing 0 members
- No registered users viewing this page.
Time for the next in line for Bones I.
Aina, Female Valkyrie. I will paint the metal version concurrently. I already pinned the weapon hand on the metal version, and pinned the arm for the shield. I’ll apply the shield later. The Bones version still has a ton of detail, so I suspect these will take a while. Planning Red/Gold for metal version (her shield is a little Romanesque), and Blue/White for the Bones version.
I hope this one gets re-implemented in Bones USA. Very cool, fun and funny model. The quality of the model wasn't so great, unfortunately.
On the bright side though: I knew she needed a pink hair! And a pink hair was really asking for bright green armor and purple vest! 🙂
(All sorts of comments are always welcome!)
Last day for October, but still got one in.
I realize this is not a halloween type mini, but the thought was there. I was testing a few things here, but can't believe what came out. I should have been taking photos as i went to articulate this point better, but I'll do my best to explain.
Mistake #1. I thought i grabbed my bottle of black Stynlrez primer, but it turned out to be my black wash. It ended up making a cool effect on the model with highlights being untouched. Since this is a bones USA model, the material takes to paint and primers really well. Mistake turned into a win, but note the paint didn't grab the wash as well.
Mistake #2. Tried to do a contrast paint effect. Didn't work. The contrasted area turned into a great template for me to work with in laying my next colors down, so not all a loss. The model looked muddy and i nearly just put it down.
Mistake #3. I had to keep in mind, it never looks good at the layering point. KEEP GOING. Putting more color down, adding depth, and touching up with highlights makes a big difference.
Now i felt like i was making progress and could see hope. I did the hair, and that made me feel way better. The brightness in the hair made me feel like i had some "pop" to it. Now we're getting somewhere.
Overall, i added more layers, edge highlighted, black lined, and shaded in areas. He came out looking decent. Last model for October and I'm happy with him.