A Pair of Very Old Dwarfs and a Very Old Gnome

Pennyfew

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wish I could see these better.

Your photos would be four times better if you were able to crop away half of the surrounding background. All of these posted images waste most of their pixels on solid black or grey background...

If you have not already got software that does that, one word:

IrfanView.

Your photos would be four times better if you were able to crop away half of the surrounding background. All of these posted images waste most of their pixels on solid black or grey background...

IrfanView.

Could you post a picture that you took that uses the app you mention? I'm not really sure what you mean by the "extra pixels."  When you zoom in on a painted mini that is the size of a bottle cap with anything less than a top-grade camera I find the pictures look much, much worse.  Thanks for the input, though, I'm always looking to improve my photography.

IrfanView.

Could you post a picture that you took that uses the app you mention? I'm not really sure what you mean by the "extra pixels."

The extra pixels are all of the dots in the picture that are not part of the dwarf.

I will have a go with your picture of the axe dwarf. He will serve as a test subject. I am currently blessed with a tiny device and on a full-size screen this might make no difference.

Cropping and zooming are completely different. I agree with everything you said next:

When you zoom in on a painted mini that is the size of a bottle cap with anything less than a top-grade camera I find the pictures look much, much worse. Thanks for the input, though, I'm always looking to improve my photography.

I would not suggest any changes to lighting, zoom factor, focal distance. Keep all that the same. Edited by TGP

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.