A Pair of Very Old Dwarfs and a Very Old Gnome

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are smaller than the more recent GW plastic dwarfs, but not so much so that they look out of place. I will try to add a comparison picture, but I don't like the new plastics so I will have to track something down to compare them too.

• Like 1

Wish I could see these better.

Your photos would be four times better if you were able to crop away half of the surrounding background. All of these posted images waste most of their pixels on solid black or grey background...

If you have not already got software that does that, one word:

IrfanView.

Your photos would be four times better if you were able to crop away half of the surrounding background. All of these posted images waste most of their pixels on solid black or grey background...

IrfanView.

Could you post a picture that you took that uses the app you mention? I'm not really sure what you mean by the "extra pixels."  When you zoom in on a painted mini that is the size of a bottle cap with anything less than a top-grade camera I find the pictures look much, much worse.  Thanks for the input, though, I'm always looking to improve my photography.

IrfanView.

Could you post a picture that you took that uses the app you mention? I'm not really sure what you mean by the "extra pixels."

The extra pixels are all of the dots in the picture that are not part of the dwarf.

I will have a go with your picture of the axe dwarf. He will serve as a test subject. I am currently blessed with a tiny device and on a full-size screen this might make no difference.

Cropping and zooming are completely different. I agree with everything you said next:

When you zoom in on a painted mini that is the size of a bottle cap with anything less than a top-grade camera I find the pictures look much, much worse. Thanks for the input, though, I'm always looking to improve my photography.

I would not suggest any changes to lighting, zoom factor, focal distance. Keep all that the same. Edited by TGP

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Citrine
      I am planning on running a Savage Worlds Tyrnador campaign.  The campaign steals heavily from the new Pathfinder Savage World ruleset. 

My son created a hallfing commander and he chose the halfling with the torch from the Dungeon Dwellers set as his character.  I modified the mini by adding a banner (after watching several tutorial videos).  He selected a green 4-leaf clover on an orange background for the banner.  Was a fun little project with some neat freehand.

His friend created a dwarf ranger/smith as his character and choose the Stonehaven Mechanist (SKU 2795) to represent him:

• By Citrine
      This is the Reaper Bones Familiar from the Stone and Familiar set (SKU 77390).  He will be an important bard NPC in a Savage World game I am hoping to run sometime soon.

• By Iridil
      And a third NPC - his day job is boatswain, so I wanted the armor to not be full plate.... he's currently helping the party do a fetch quest for the captain. I'm pretty satisfied with what I got out for what I put in - but I do notice I seem to have forgotten his eyebrows!

• By Chris Palmer
      I purchased a pair of the Bones 5 The Dwarf King's Crypt Encounter set as I wanted pairs of a number of the set's scenery items, as well as double the number of the Dwarf Zombies and Dwarf Fighters.
           One of the scenery items from the set that I was most looking forward to having a pair of, was the tomb; as I wanted to convert one to be the tombs to be for a Dwarf Queen, to go along with the Dwarf King's tomb.
           First thing I would need was a suitable Bones Female Dwarf figure to use as the tomb cover's carving; as I did not trust my ability to sculpt one from scratch.   I was not sure what figure to use, as so many of the ones I had, or looked at in the online store, were posed somewhat dynamically.  Then, as fate would have it, I came across one of the Gwyddis, Dwarf Valkyrie figures, and realized it was perfect.

While I was doing the conversion, I also took the time to drill and magnetize the lid of the tomb, so it will stay in place during storage and transport.

For step by step post on how I did the convserion, please see my blog: http://allbonesabout.blogspot.com/2021/10/dwarf-queen-and-king-crypts-bones-5.html

I'm really pleased with how it turned out, and looking forward to painting it up.

• By Annie
      Hi chums!

This is the latest Kickstarter project, expanding our fantasy range this time, and bringing light to the ones we have that might not have been noticed. Along with some super cool female minis, we have some brand new scenics too, and a whole bunch of add on bundles.
      I'll post more on the lead up, but for now if you're interested, could you click the "notify me" on the pre launch page and it will help the algorithms, and you know algorithms are the new gods!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/badsquiddogames/definitely-not-damsels-28mm-women-warriors-for-ttrpg

• Who's Online   3 Members, 1 Anonymous, 23 Guests (See full list)