Fantization [F0003]: Aria, Elven Shadow

I like the rich, dark colors you used for this model.  I also like that the cloak has a bit of a shine to it. Far too many painters try to achieve an utterly flat finish, but that's not really how the world looks, and I'm not sure why we want our miniatures to look like that.  I blame Testor's Dullcoate and the NMM movement.  The satin tone gives the cloak much greater realism.

• Like 1

I like the rich, dark colors you used for this model.  I also like that the cloak has a bit of a shine to it. Far too many painters try to achieve an utterly flat finish, but that's not really how the world looks, and I'm not sure why we want our miniatures to look like that.  I blame Testor's Dullcoate and the NMM movement.  The satin tone gives the cloak much greater realism.

That's from the Reaper Clear Purple I used to tone the cloak from gray to purple. The photos were taken before varnishing, it is now matte. Sorry to disappoint.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Glitterwolf
      Aline The Bold from Artisan Guild
      3D printed on my Elegoo Mars.
      WIP
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/92913-aline-the-bold-rogue-by-glitterwolf/&tab=comments#comment-1968546

Not happy with this one, the primer made her gritty, it took me a long time to finally finish her.
      Oh well, another mini done, not my best stuff but her she is anyway.

• By WhiteWulfe
      Finished my first mini this year, and oddly enough it was a speedpaint, taking just over an hour...

On the flipside, some of those colours work together really, REALLY well, like Sunrise Orange and Heart Throb Paint.

• By Inarah
      This is a Patrick Keith sculpt  from the Warlord range and I have loved it since it came out years ago.  She would be a really cool player character, I don't know why we don't see her more often.  Great dynamic movement with this one.  Anyway, I threw some color on her, so maybe she'll end up on the table one day. 

• By Inarah
      This was a fun and easy paint job. He comes with a variety of arms and weapon options so you can customize the figure. (and the extra arms are nice for conversions)

• By bblythe84
      I painted her up as a fun project. Let me know what you think. 

I am trying to improve my painting abilities.

The purple marking on her thigh was supposed to be a skull tattoo, it didn't really work as well as I had hoped.

• Who's Online   9 Members, 2 Anonymous, 62 Guests (See full list)