NomadZeke

Resolutionary Painting Challenge! Chatter/Info Thread

From what you said we have some basic rules figured out so far.

For a prize you could do a something like a little tag that says they participated in this challenge. They have to make it through the whole year to get the tag for having painted them all.

People who drop out for some reason could get a runner up tag for even attempting.

Just some thoughts. Sort of a virtual ribbon.

• Like 5

I am curious about larger minis. Do they count as one still? Looking at Kaly for instance.

I am tempted to try and join in on this. A goal of one mini every two weeks could maybe work for me.

Kaladrax you mean? Uhm....easily a month +? I'll have to work out larger mini details then.

Edited by NomadZeke
  • Like 1

Well I was just going to count Kally once he was finished as he is going to have a great deal done with him including new basing.

Kaladrax you mean? Uhm....easily a month +? I'll have to work out larger mini details then.

Honestly, the more I think about it, the more I think it needs to be defined as "a mini is a mini" and Kaladrax only counts as one. The reason being that getting into deciding which ones are big enough or not big enough could get difficult (Wyrmgear? Yephima? the Bones Worm?). I say that if you are doing this and decide to paint a Kaladrax, then paint something small once a week while doing it.

• Like 3

That's my thing, some larger ones (like the Ebonwrath) could be considered a 2-week project, but with Kaladrax I don't know...I don't think she should be binge-painted like this. Like I said I need to go over it and consider how to count bigger ones.

If someone misses three weeks can they jump back in with three minis?

Or a huge mini that counts for three?

Everybody posts pix to one shared thread—this thread lasts 52 weeks?

One new shared thread per week?

Edited by TGP
  • Like 1

That's my thing, some larger ones (like the Ebonwrath) could be considered a 2-week project, but with Kaladrax I don't know...I don't think she should be binge-painted like this. Like I said I need to go over it and consider how to count bigger ones.

Maybe just count them when completed. No need to binge (unless you are the resident goblin), since you can still paint other minis at the same time.

• Like 4

I agree with Talae. I planned to just count mine once when I finish him. I have plenty of minis  that I can finish while working on Kally. I planned to work on them anyways to help keep me sane while doing that huge project. 

If a bigger mini needs more time then just wait until finished to show it off. If you want a bigger one just do a smaller easier mini during the time frame to stay in.

I do think a picture will help and build some excitement as everyone sees what others have worked on. It could be a lot of fun to do.

• Like 4

From what you said we have some basic rules figured out so far.

For a prize you could do a something like a little tag that says they participated in this challenge. They have to make it through the whole year to get the tag for having painted them all.

People who drop out for some reason could get a runner up tag for even attempting.

Just some thoughts. Sort of a virtual ribbon.

4 for the exchanges, something new to try

12 for the monsters, who in the dungeons moan

7 for the competition, to please the judges eye

19 for the table top, which will set the tone

9 for the players, doomed to see their caracters die

One for the master painter on his ergonomic throne

In the well lit studio where no shadows lie

one tag to hue them all, one tag to bind them

one tag to bring them all and in the forum find them.

In the well lit studio where no shadows lie

It's late but it rhymes and adds up right. I like the idea of the tag onbthe forum saying look what i did. Or tryed at any rate...

• Like 10

As an optional idea, how about weekly progress pics counting if someone is doing a big(huge) figure, like Kaladrax?

• Like 2

If you have separate threads for each week, you could just count the number of weeks each person made the goal. That way at the end you can have rankings of how many successful weeks you had and you are not 'out' if you miss one, which would, for me anyway, solidly end the motivation this would provide.

• Like 6

That could work as well. Not have someone out, but how many of the goal number of minis did you complete. Since the goal is 51 minis that is a number to work towards.

Since many of us have Bones II coming we will have plenty of minis.

• Like 3

The "out" idea isn't set in stone, however I was thinking of an official thread for it, everyone can post a link to the relevant show off to keep tally.

But that's an idea, maybe a badge for people who do weekly versus 51/year...?

This is why it doesn't start immediately, to smooth the rough edges

• Like 5