Sign in to follow this  
dsmiles

Fantization [F0004]: Elthan Silvermane, Dragon Slayer

There was, unfortunately, a large amount of drybrushing involved with his armor. I didn't particularly want to highlight each individual scale.

Nice! The armor looks really great, what a rich gold. The face does look a bit tricky to paint. I dunno, perhaps the area around the eyes could be darkened a bit to make them more distinct, and I think it's easier to use black for pupils rather than blue. Nice job!

• Like 1

:down:  *sigh* It's supposed to be bronze...back to the drawing board.

::D: Bah, gold, bronze, copper, what's the difference?! It looks great! ::):
  • Like 2

Nice job! Willen beat me to my first suggestion, heh. I'd also consider how bright the plume is, since the rest of the mini is dark and gritty. Do as I say, not paying attention to how often I do the same thing! :)

• Like 2

The metal on the spear head looks a little grainy to me.  But I like this guy a lot.  good colors, both for the armor, and the cloth.  The brightness of the deep turquoise contrasts so well with the dark armor.  As for the eyes, i'd add a stroke of flesh to barely cut across the top of the pupil and iris to reduce the wide-open expression.  Maybe the same with the lower half if it was necessary.  But yours is still much better than I usually can achieve.

• Like 1