Dilvish the Deliverer

[DnD 5E] Talos: City of Intrigue and Adventure!

Can Paladins still heal? We seem to be short a healbot. And Paladins can (in other editions) both smash heads and heal.

Right now we've got:

Me - Something Something Something Dark Side

Baph - Beatstick

Pcktlnt - Skillmonkey

EDIT: AND WHAT ARE YOU STILL DOING UP AT THIS HOUR, YOUNG LADY??

• Like 1

-_- What? it's only like 2am. I'm always on this late.

And I can do paladin. I can do smashy paladin! I do Char paladin all the time - a smashy type might be fun! Maybe I'll do the big dumb devout, I always loved that...

• Like 1

Hm... It'll be interesting to play a paladin around your character. After all, how dumb must one be to legitimately not notice a worshiper of the Elder Gods in their own party? How long can you last before becoming so blatant in your devilry that even the dumbest paladin notices?

Hm...

Rolls are (2d6+6) 14 15 12 16 11 13

Really good roll IMO, even if nothing's stellar. Lots of good stats, even without an 18 - good layout for a paladin... Might go for a human, get that little bit of guaranteed control. Hrrm.

I'm thinking

Str: 16

Con: 15

Dex: 13

Wis: 12

Int: 11

Cha: 14

A charismatic guy, if not clever - he's got magnetism, if not the smarts to use it... If I wanted to be statistically dumb, I could go for something that docks points in int, although I probably shouldn't, considering that would knock out casting, as I understand it. Maybe I'll dock wisdom instead? Are there even any races that drop Wis?

Huh. I should probably dig up the 5e players guide...

• Like 1

*blink**blink* Yeah, I think I'll go hunt up the PHP before I go any further, then.

edit: Oh wow, this is... expansive. That's why I wish they'd let us gen characters at cons... Or even have the books on hand to flip through...

Still thinking human, human or halfelf. Paladin of devotion, obs.

• Like 1

I didn't notice any minuses on any of the 5e races.

Stats are a huge part of the mechanic.  A penalty would be brutally cruel.

• Like 1

I'm going to read through the PHB this weekend, since I haven't done anything since early play testing when you only had 4 levels of stuff available and almost no options.  I hear they've done a little more since then.

• Like 1

Man you guys sure get chatty after I go to sleep.

Oh, since dsmiles is switching to a warlock, could I switch to the rogue class (still want to be a swashbuckler-ish type)

Rogue is fine.  No one is locked in until the first post in the playing.  And even then only until you die a tragic and/or heroic death at the hands of the DM.

Can Paladins still heal? We seem to be short a healbot. And Paladins can (in other editions) both smash heads and heal.

Paladins have lay on hands which allow them to heal 5hp/level.  They can also use 5pts of healing to cure disease or neutralize poison.  Hmm, rules don't say whether they the pool refreshes after a long or short rest.  Might have to look that up.  Additionally, each character can rest.  After a short rest, a PC can can spend one or more hit dice to heal.  Roll your hit die, add your con modifier and heal that many points.  Repeat as long as you have unspent hit dice.  After a long rest you hit dice replenish and you regain all lost hp. 

So you don't need a heal monkey, you just have to rest more often (short rest is 1 hour, long is 8 hours).  If th DM lets you, that is. :devil:

Edited by Dilvish the Deliverer

If you're going to lay on hands, just make sure you buy me a pint at the tavern (preferably before the obligatory tavern burning bar fight happens) first.

• Like 1

Judas, Half-Orc Warlock

----Appearance----

Judas looks like a hot mess. He is a lanky, rail-thin Half-Orc with stringy, graying, black hair, and intense, feverish red eyes. He wears a patchy beard and thin moustache. Scarred across every inch of his body are ritual writings in a cramped, incomprehensible language. You're not entirely sure how he reached some of those places, and wrote so perfectly, but they are definitely written in his hand. When he casts a spell, parts of the writing glow with a black-violet light.

----Backstory----

Judas was once a farmer. Until the day he wasn't...

The Half-Orc called Judas worked, and worked, and worked. He paid his taxes, and loved his family. He ate, he drank (sometimes a lot), and he made merry (mostly when he drank). He had a wife, and two sons, and they were the center of his world. Until the day he found It. It was in his field, in a corner normally reserved for his wife's small garden of root vegetables. A lump of stone, worked by man's hand. It was formless, but It had form. He kept It. He cleaned It. It became important to Judas. He took It to the woods on the edge of his field, and built It a hut. A small hut, with a small, stone altar, on which he placed It. He spoke to It, he prayed to It. He did this daily, instead of his devotions to Berei (Goddess of Home, Family, and Agriculture).

One day, It answered. Judas took It away from the altar, and into the mountains. There Judas found an ancient ruin, with strange glyphs carved in the crumbling stone. The glyphs showed him much that was previously unknown to Judas, and Judas took it all in. Judas remained at the ruins for about twelve years, alone. He discovered a well. A well of worlds, and in that well was an intelligence. That intelligence was It. It had a name, a name that could only be spoken by the chosen few. Yog-Sothoth. Yog-Sothoth, Aforgomon, Bolothamogg, Tawil At-U'mr, the Lurker at the Threshold, the Opener of the Way, the All-in-One and the One-in-All. Yog-Sothoth, the gate, the key, and the guardian of the ways. Judas looked into the well and saw great globes of light massing toward the opening, and not alone these, but the breaking apart of the nearest globes, and the protoplasmic flesh that flowed blackly outward to join together and form that eldritch, hideous horror from outer space, that spawn of the blankness of primal time, that tentacled amorphous monster which was the lurker at the threshold, whose mask was as a congeries of iridescent globes, the noxious Yog-Sothoth, who froths as primal slime in nuclear chaos beyond the nethermost outposts of space and time!

Judas made his way to Talos, sensing a greater purpose, and earning his way as a wandering healer. It was with him, It was always with him...

----Personality----

Quiet to the point of near-constant silence, Judas spent many years away from any sort of social interaction, and has a hard time in social environments.  He plays his cards close to his vest, and rarely does anyone see more of him than he allows them to. He often gets lost in his own head, sometimes for hours on end, and is completely oblivious to his surroundings during those times. You can sometimes see something, like he's keeping a secret, or has a private joke, that no one else knows.

• Like 2

So, given my earlier request, I imagine the inn I'm in is somewhere on the border of Old Town and The Narrows? Just trying to get my bearings, here.

I have my character back story done and I'm waffling between human and half-orc. Also...I'm afraid to role my dice. A good majority of the time, my first roll will be two 1's. -__-

• Like 1

So, given my earlier request, I imagine the inn I'm in is somewhere on the border of Old Town and The Narrows? Just trying to get my bearings, here.

An area between the Docks, Old Town and the Narrows.  I have a sketch of the map that I can take a picture of and upload for reference at some point.

• Like 1