Kickstarter & Amazon Payments Part Ways

ub3r_n3rd

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

trust one faceless multibillion dollar megacorporation but not another?

same sheet, different wrapping.

Its more than this....many have been royally....misdirected and frauded by kickstarters alone, but having a positive reputation and good customer service is ideal. We know very little about stripe or its reputation. So its kind of like one big box and a little box wrapped differently. The little box, when you shake it, feel its weight, you know its amazon. But the big box shifts uncomfortably and the weight isn't balanced. Is there another similar box like amazon in there, or is it a box or bullstuff? (The 'game' from cards against humanity people).

• Like 4

Only since October. I haven't had any problems either real world or in my thousand simulated payments. They have always been prompt in answering my questions and flawless in executing what i have asked them to do.

Short time but impressive service.

• Like 6

One more thing to consider.  Sigh.

Things are always changing and I don't really believe that my data is any safer with one outfit over another.

It's a nuisance but I'll sign up with Stripe so I can back my beloved Red Box Games or whatever KS I need that comes along...

• Like 3

ha ha ha noooope nope nope nope. If it has a face book connection I don't want anything at all to do with it. Too bad, I had a fairly good run with kickstarter.

???

Facebook uses Stripe, but it isn't a Facebook product/service, nor does it require a Facebook account or connection. If you make a purchase through Facebook, you will use Stripe, but using Stripe on Kickstarter won't involve any interaction with Facebook whatsoever.

• Like 2

I'm concerned about Stripe's ability to handle large numbers of payments all at once, given that even Amazon's servers have had trouble in the last 10 minutes of big projects in the past.

Also taking the wait-and-see approach, given that I'd never even heard of Stripe before today.

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 6