Kickstarter & Amazon Payments Part Ways

ub3r_n3rd

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if Stripe takes as big a cut of the money a kickstarter raises as Amazon did?

They take a 2.9% cut of my sales which shrinks as I get more volume.I would guess that kickstarter got a better deal.

Yep. Found this review of Stripe and Amazon Payments:

http://www.cardpaymentoptions.com/tag/stripe-vs-amazon-payments/

• Like 2

So we're going from dealing with the devil we know to the devil we don't.

Every single service that exchanges money for a small cut is a risk. Some have a better business model, but they remain "for profit" services.

Stripe may be currently separate from Facebook, but so was Instagram. I wouldn't be surprised to see it get purchased within a year.

I want to be in the "Wait and see" camp, but I know it's just a matter of time before I see an irresistible KS campaign and fork over money to whoever handles things.

• Like 1

My wallet just sighed in relief because I don't trust PayPal.

Personally, I've never had a single problem with PayPal and have always found them to be very efficient and quick in handling and transferring funds, both for me personally, and for my little terrains business.

It's easy to take the various reports and complaints about them too seriously.

But every single banking and money transfer entity out there suffers from the same sorts of bad press and litigation. That's the nature of the business. We just cherry pick which companies we hate the most. I, for instance, hate both Amazon and Bank of America. And I have no love for Chase, either. And frankly, I used to like Square, but they really p@#s me off now.

• Like 6

I don't know what others are reading on the BBB site that is alarming them, especially from the consumer side. It seems to me some people are trying to use the BBB complaints to strong arm Stripe into doing impossible things. Like the person who said he wasn't happy with stripes response because they didn't force American Express into making sure they displayed vendor data instantly. All because he had a $1 authorization show up on his card.

• Like 2

Some of those complaints on the Stripe page are quite worrying.

It is very difficult to find any online merchant without some complaints. They are worth comsidering, but they may not be relevant, depending on how many there are and what their complaints are specifically.

• Like 3