77109: Bones Fire Dragon in Green

Corporea

What a great gift, it's very beautiful, the colors are vibrant. ::o: The gradient shading on the wings is wonderful. The top view picture gives a nice perspective to appreciate it. The base is beautiful too, it put the dragon in value in it's natural environment.

Did you paint the wings before assembling them? :poke:

Edited by Metalchaos
  • Like 2

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sanael- I did worry about the cork- I was going for a sandstone look, but in hindsight I probably should have smoothed it out more.  If I steal it back from Lisa for Reapercon I may play with the base some more!

Metalchaos- Why yes, I did! ::): I painted the wings and the body almost completely before attaching them, but did some touching up on both later.  I had to greenstuff the wing joints with scales, but they weren't too hard to paint afterwards.

BuzzardB- I basecoated the base with Americana black (craft paint).  While it was still wet I put spattered crimson- that's where the brown color comes from. Then I drybrushed with some more spattered crimson, and while that was wet added some saffron sunset and then sun yellow for the brightest areas.  Mostly unthinned paint.

• Like 1

"should" is a strong term, I think. I meant it as a small nit, really. Cork is such a weird basing material, sometimes. I love the stuff, it makes my Warmahordes pieces super quick to base, but it's easy to miss a corner or an edge and have a spot that ends up "wrong" without being able to pinpoint why.

I hope you do get to bring this to Reapercon, whether you futz with the basing or not. Your pieces are always inspiring to see!

• Like 4

This is a gorgeous dragon! Very vibrant and imaginative. I'm a big fan of cork as well. I think it'd my favorite material to work with. All you really need is good glue, needle nose pliers, and perhaps a razor saw. Instant earth goodness! Great job!

• Like 1

Was it the tree that gave it away?  The over-reliance on basing?

A little from column A, a little from column B.

Amazing work, as usual, Corporea. Good thing I'm not working on a dragon right now, I'd probably toss it out the window in furstration. Just don't go painting Cthulhu on me.  :poke:

• Like 1