3rd Annual Reaper Forums Large Model Paint Challenge 2015 Rules and questions

SamuraiJack

As long as the same figure can't win in two categories, I'm ok with it.  Enter as often as you want, but only one prize per person. 

And stress that quantity â‰  quality.

Edited by Inarah
  • Like 3

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh, if it were up to me, I would rule that a figure cannot be entered into two categories. If nothing else, it would prevent the (otherwise theoretically legal) practice of just entering the big figures from every diorama into the single figure category as well, so as to double the chances of getting a random draw as well as being considered for judging in two categories at once. The diorama category is already smaller, giving entries a better chance of winning both the drawing and the judging, so the extra work that goes into making a diorama is rewarded. So I don't see any reason to allow double-dipping.

Edited by Slendertroll
  • Like 4

Man- is anyone else thinking we'll be seeing more than a few Terrasques this year?  Not to mention how much Dragons hate sharing.

I honestly like it if the judges feel free to move something to a different category if it is going to score better there.  But I don't think a single entry should count as more than one thing.  Someone needs to make the call, you know?  And it starts with the entrant.

Otherwise, I think the judges would have to start out with deciding which of the two categories the mini belongs in, and adding to their work load isn't cool.

Edited by odinsgrandson
  • Like 4

Hey, this is the original Dragons don't share, not the plastic one.  we have one base, a dwarf attached to a pedestal, a dragon body, and (now) 2 wings.  unlike the new one, everything is integral to the base.  I can't do just the dragon, or just the dwarf (or i would replace the dwarf, he's not my favorite sculpt)  so I thought I would ask if that counts as one fig or diorama. the verdict seems to be diorama so, unless the judges say otherwise, thats where he'll go.

Thanks

• Like 1

The dwarf is what tips it over into diorama category. He does count as a second figure, so it is two figures on a scenic base, and it tells a story. Fits the definition of a diorama! Nothing says that the second figure can't be sold attached to the pre-made scenic base.

• Like 2