Resolutionary Painting Challenge: January

Info Thread: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/58628-resolutionary-painting-challenge-chatterinfo-thread/?p=1026352

Your challenge this January: 4 Miniatures!

Feel free to post your WIP thread links or pictures here, likewise the show-offs.

My docket: Exchange mini. Sophie Ornament. 2x Shelf of Shame minis.

4 for the exchanges, something new to try

12 for the monsters, who in the dungeons moan

7 for the competition, to please the judges eye

19 for the table top, which will set the tone

9 for the players, doomed to see their characters die

One for the master painter on his ergonomic throne

In the well lit studio where no shadows lie

one tag to hue them all, one tag to bind them

one tag to bring them all and in the forum find them.

[MOD]Please create a new thread for each entry in Show Off, remembering the forum guidelines regarding thread titles:

Posting Non-Reaper Figures

When you post in Show off, please use the topic title line for the name of your creation, and use the tags for the manufacturer. That way, you're descriptive and search-friendly at the same time while giving credit where it's due. Use Tags liberally, for manufacturer, name, part number, modifications done, etc. These help our members find your model!

Posting Reaper Figures

When you post in Show off, please use the topic title line for the part number AND name of your creation, and use the tags for the other descriptions. That way, you're descriptive and search-friendly at the same time while giving credit where it's due. Use Tags liberally, for description, modifications done, etc. These help our members find your model!

[/MOD] Edited by CashWiley
Clarifying forum guidelines
  • Like 7
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In an effort to paint more and post more I will give this a go. Hopefully I can make it a few months at least.    My goals for January (my apologizes the beginning of the year is typically when I p

Lots of beautiful minis posted so far everyone. I figured I better get out the camera and post the two I managed to finish as well as a quick WIP of my butcher and war dogs.   My first completed min

1 Down! - This one is 2-birds, 1 stone. Painted for Willen as an exchange piece, but it still counts!

Posted Images

My goal for the month... Links to pics upcoming as I finish them or remember to stop and take them, lol.

Finish Painting:

- Old-school Falcon Fantasy wizard   (in-progress)  Pic Here

- The other half of the Elliwyn Heatherlark conversion below, i.e., my creative use of the spare parts... My current waiting-for-stuff-to-dry project   (in-progress)

I should have the second one finished by this weekend's NEMPA Paint Day, since it's not terribly complex...

Greenstuff and Paint:

- Elliwyn Heatherlark conversion   (currently recieving last of the milliput touch-ups) This, along with the other half mentioned above, is my entry for the LItle People thing...

- Mariel Twinspar, female pirate conversion   (95% done on the putty)

Unofficial:

- Clay Golem conversion (3/4 done on the putty, or possibly1/2 if I go all out on it)

(The clay golem is actually a fairly massive conversion, since I found myself having to completely resculpt the lower abdominal muscles and I may yet decide to slap on massive amounts of detail in other areas, so I'm not even gonna try to set a deadline for it being that I have no idea if my skills are even up to the challenge of getting what I see in my head onto the actual figure, lol)

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 5

January Goals

Finishing touches on Magical Treasures (5 mini minis)

Finishing touches on Yephima http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/58753-tiniest-rhombus-resolutionary-challenge-january/

Kheal for the Little People challenge- um nope,didn't happen

Innkeeper- http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/59084-77084-townsfolk-innkeeper/

and 1 more undecided Mocking Beast http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/58853-mocking-beast/?p=1038602

Edited by tiniest rhombus
  • Like 3

If all goes as planned:

• Finish my brother's diorama that I started last month = 8 miniatures
  • Finish the exchange piece I'm doing for Willen = 1 miniature - WILL BE DONE by Sunday when we meet up.
  • Do a super-secret project for a forum friend and send it out to them because I think it'll be fun.
  • Start on ReaperCon team diorama figures = 3 figures + basing
Edited by ub3r_n3rd
  • Like 3

Info Thread: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/58628-resolutionary-painting-challenge-chatterinfo-thread/?p=1026352

Your challenge this January: 4 Miniatures!

Feel free to post your WIP thread links or pictures here, likewise the show-offs.

My docket: Exchange mini. Sophie Ornament. 2x Shelf of Shame minis.

4 for the exchanges, something new to try

12 for the monsters, who in the dungeons moan

7 for the competition, to please the judges eye

19 for the table top, which will set the tone

9 for the players, doomed to see their characters die

One for the master painter on his ergonomic throne

one tag to hue them all, one tag to bind them

one tag to bring them all and in the forum find them.

(I think Cash wrote this?)

Nope, I get to claim that one!  someone liked it, YEA!

yeah, Im a sucker for attention...

• Like 5

I'll post links later, I'm supposed to be finding the gloss sealer....

1. Counterblast BdE Bot - done.

2. Stonehaven Gnome Illusionist, about to be sealed.

3. Reaper Balto Burrowell, in progress

4. One or more of Counterblast Mekkus Defender #1, Lancer Lanceguard or Lancer Illyrian Plugger.

Unless something else pops up I HAVE to paint.

• Like 3

In an effort to paint more and post more I will give this a go. Hopefully I can make it a few months at least.  :;):

My goals for January (my apologizes the beginning of the year is typically when I paint stuff for my armies so this may be a bit boring)

- PP Convergence Corollary light vector 

- PP Khador Butcher Unleashed Epic Warcaster Unit (all 3 minis)

- Reaper's Pathfinder Kirin the Heretic 

A couple of WIP pics 

First up my Corollary, Convergence minis usually paint up rather fast so this one is just about finished after one paint night. I still need to finish the blue and paint his base.

post-5971-0-44149400-1420779913_thumb.jpg

My husband decided he wanted to start a Khador army(as if we do not have enough factions). It typically is my task to paint the warcasters. So here is the start of my puppies for the Butcher. Still alot of work to do on these guys, my husband wants the usual Khador bright red not an easy color for me so wish me luck.

post-5971-0-21043000-1420780328_thumb.jpg

@SparksMurphey looking good I love the red and black combo.

Edited by Marsya
  • Like 16

Goals (as of now) - Not sure which will get done for January:

• Finish Thelgar - Done and posted already
  • Finish Wyrmgear - Waiting on base to arrive tomorrow
  • Finish Kord the Destroyer - Sitting at 90% on Shelf of Shame
  • Finish LTPK4 minis (she is at 90% and he is at about 40%)
  • Finish Yephima - She is sitting at about 75%
  • Start a new mini - undecided on which
  • Like 2

Almost forgot. Here is a link to a finished mini. I happened to finish up Danithal today. 

Adjusting slightly on this post. This will be more of an index of what I have painted this month.

1. Darkspawn Goat Demon
  2. Danithal
  3. Vaeloth
  4. Rageclaw Slayer

I'll add in the links once I find a way to do decent pictures for them all.

Edited by Flamehawke
  • Like 4

If you're doing a show off, should probably make that thread then post link here, so it can be found easier, but I'd encourage wip here

[mod] WIPs go in the WIP subforum, finished pieces in Show Off. Links to there can go here :) [/mod]

Here is a link to a photo of the Mars Attacks figures I painted in the first week of January

https://scontent-a-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/q86/s720x720/10429282_10152928173918926_7935914488281396965_n.jpg?oh=0de5d8132856d66f7554bb100331c76d&oe=553F5857

buckyball

Edited by buckyball
  • Like 3