BaneBeasts: Mighty monsters

SamuraiJack

• Members

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mierceminiatures/banebeasts-mighty-monsters?ref=users

09d9adbb49930aa14be4bed1616c30a2_large.j

That's right - the BaneBeasts are back, and this time they mean business!What's the BaneBeasts?

For those not in the know, the BaneBeasts were some of our very first miniatures back in the day and many of them were eventually, er, transmutatemogrified into Darklands miniatures - such as Krull, and Ulmons, and the Terror of Fortriu. Some still exist as BaneBeasts, of course, such as Ophius (Ophios with wings!) and some are released erratically when we think it would be cool, such as Proteanc (Hrudinn as a Phoenix Bird).

Anyway, with Darklands now expanding nicely, we thought it would be a great idea to expand the BaneBeasts a little by reversing the process and turn some of our awesome Darklands monsters into more generic fantasy monsters for the... well, more high fantasy painters and collectors out there!It's a Kickstarter Project?

It certainly is! It will begin at some point in the next week or so (apologies for being vague, but Kickstarter approvals are impossible to predict) but it will definitely end on the 9th of February at 6pm GMT. So three to four weeks of awesomeness!How Will it Work?

This project will be extremely simple - there'll be some cool monsters for you to back (all of which are based on existing miniatures in the Darklands range) and some fantastic add-ons, too, and everything will be posed at a huge discount - around 40% off the projected RRP!After all, we only have to fund the additional bits and pieces, the big stuff is already done - so we can pass on those savings to you!

At this point, it's time to give you a sneak peek of one of the stretch goals...

c7f6e169d21921b386f1f25fe8db9f90_large.j

Edited by Darsc Zacal
Tag updated

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Steady, it seems dependent on the sculptor, once they get it in the wave shipping seems to be pretty solid. But I think backing off on new stuff was a good idea. Looks like this one is going to be mods of old sculpts. Not sure how big the market is for that, though.

I'm probably not jumping on this one, the timing also sucks (Reapercon).

Ya, I'm not going to be able to back it due to funds as well. That orc on Wyvern for $60 is a great deal though. It will be interesting to see what they change things into and if there's a higher demand for a more high fantasy version of their figures.

Fulfillment and communication are quite good but it does take about a year or so to get your stuff. Looks like these will be quicker as I'm thinking that some of the modifications are being done in house instead of via contracted sculptors.

I'll probably put in a token pledge for something, but it won't be much.  Most likely I already have the original models anyway.  *sigh*  Although, an armored wyvern for $60.....  Ub3r, did you see the size of the beast?  It's as long as it is tall too....  That's A LOT of resin for the money.

• Like 3

Interesting change in design philosophy. It started with big gribblies not yet made officially for Warhammer, then came more original works. Now we're back to alternate big gribblies but most of them are now have official minis.

It's all nice stuff but I've learned my lesson on backing when previous projects are still in progress.

Also Bones may have ruined me on the prices for big guys a bit.

• Like 2

Beagle isn't backing...maybe we should get in on this!

Yep, it's bound to be an awesome success. At least I'll have the comfort of knowing we share the endless torment that is the 'Low Life' hamster wheel

Edited by Beagle
  • Like 3

Beagle isn't backing...maybe we should get in on this!

Yep, it's bound to be an awesome success. At least I'll have the comfort of knowing we share the endless torment that is 'Low Life' hamster wheel

Fingers crossed Andy learns to cast decently :| Though to be fair, his sculpts looked pretty good.
  • Like 1