January 9 Update Discussion

Reaperbryan

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is... a lot of paint. Thank god it comes in a carrier!

I hope it arrives in good condition! We've had a brutal cold snap here the last few weeks...

Here too honestly. I live in Minnesota. I got home from what is normally a 15-20 minute commute after over two hours here in Minneapolis because of the blizzard/whiteout which hit our chilly state. My paint was waiting for me when I got home but it was partially frozen. Let's call it 'slush'. I was ready to cry. The shear amount of money sitting there potentially ruined.... I was beside myself with grief last night.

It has been thawing all day while I am at work and with the assistance of Reapers' incredible Customer Service department, I have a plan in place on how to test and document what is salvageable and what I should get replaced. I have my work cut out for me testing that many paints. I am hoping for the best. 

Hey... I won't be bored.

Good luck to you!

Huzzah for the Bones containers making landfall sooner than expected!!!  :bday: I'm just relieved they made it here safely; my vivid, overactive imagination was picturing all the terrible calamitous things that could happen to the ship that would result in several shipping containers of Bones ending up on the bottom of the ocean. I'm so very glad none of them came to pass!  ^_^

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

You know that if that did happen they could probably fund an expeditionary force in less than an hour to recover it?

I'm in!

• Like 5

When are the the minis traveling through Arizona and will the be on a truck or train?

Planning a heist? :-)
I sense a cunning plan.
...as cunning as a fox who's just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University?

Yes it is.

It's so cunning, you could brush your teeth with it.

• Like 10

Yay bones will be here sooner than expected! *happydance!* ^_^  ^_^ ^_^  

Thank you for the adventures of Sir Forscale, they were quite fun! ^_^

Or maybe make it an option? It's not needed year-round, and some areas never need it, but it might be nice to be able to choose whether a package was drop-off or not. And on a big paint order, I wouldn't mind slipping them the extra 2-3 bucks to get my order sig.cert'd...

Yeah... any packages sent to my address just go into the manager's office (their package storage room is an out of order sauna), so this sort of thing isn't a worry for me, even after we discount the typically mild winters the PNW gets. I say typically because it keeps getting really fracking cold this winter :wacko:

• Like 7

When are the the minis traveling through Arizona and will the be on a truck or train?

Planning a heist? :-)
I sense a cunning plan.
...as cunning as a fox who's just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University?

Yes it is.

It's so cunning, you could brush your teeth with it.

I was just wondering if it would be traveling via the train that passes a block from where I work. The thought of Bones being that close to me might give me a distraction during the downtimes of the day.

• Like 8

Yay bones will be here sooner than expected! *happydance!* ^_^  ^_^ ^_^  

Thank you for the adventures of Sir Forscale, they were quite fun! ^_^

Or maybe make it an option? It's not needed year-round, and some areas never need it, but it might be nice to be able to choose whether a package was drop-off or not. And on a big paint order, I wouldn't mind slipping them the extra 2-3 bucks to get my order sig.cert'd...

Yeah... any packages sent to my address just go into the manager's office (their package storage room is an out of order sauna), so this sort of thing isn't a worry for me, even after we discount the typically mild winters the PNW gets. I say typically because it keeps getting really fracking cold this winter :wacko:

You will have to define your "fracking cold" for those of us that live in places where it really does get "fracking cold". For instance it was a balmy 23 degrees in Green Bay Wisconsin yesterday. That's practically t-shirt and shorts weather.

Edited by Heisler
  • Like 8

Good news. I hope customs goes smoothly.

OK Bryan, if 6 is the quickest and 28 the longest, what do you typically see on average? Is it near the middle of those extremes or closer to one end or the other?

i always run 3 projections. Soonest, latest, and average.

The average delivery time from Customs to us is ~14 calendar days. So my proabable delivery calendar says Jan 26th. But again, that is 100% speculation.

I would be pretty happy if the items arrived by that timeframe. My birthday would be reallly close to it. XD
  • Like 1