All the colors of flesh..

72moonglum

So just because I had them all lined up last night, I just thought I'd throw it out there. I'm working on three new figures, and I've started them all off with the base color of tanned highlight. Here are all the paints I used from the base colors with various washes all the ways to walnut brown and then from tanned highlights up to white.

And my only other comment, rather unrelated, but my next step: the only bad thing about painting a three headed giant is the fact that you have to paint six eyes.. Luckily they're giant eyes, so it gives me some room to work.....

post-1758-0-10383700-1420917289_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My orcs are offended by your choice of skin colours.

Almost makes me wonder if some people created their own Orc Skin triad?

I assume that people would have to.

Which colours do you feel are the most Orc-like?

I've heard all shades of green, purple, brown and black.

... I did it again didn't I?

My orcs are offended by your choice of skin colours.

Almost makes me wonder if some people created their own Orc Skin triad?

I assume that people would have to.

Which colours do you feel are the most Orc-like?

I've heard all shades of green, purple, brown and black.

... I did it again didn't I?

Tolkien's orcs were smaller than humans and dark-skinned.

Early D&D orcs were orange with pig snouts. By 2E they had lost the snouts and could also be greenish.

Games Workshop made its orcs huge and lunking and green, which has become the industry standard. Legend is it was because other colors looked terrible in photos.

See also: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/43158-green-orcs/

• Like 2

where the heck did this come from

This is an old Partha piece sculpted by Tom Meier. Shortly after it came out, Partha was told to cease and desist production as it had trademarked images associated with it. In those days when I used to hunt things down with Ebay I got another copy of this one. I actually had two, but one's a pretty crappy copy. I had one that I painted quite a few years back that I sold on Ebay that I'd painted that ended up being bought by a Stooges enthusiast.

Yeah, I cringe when I see how dirty my paint bottles are. I just don't understand how people can keep their bottles so clean. I also constantly have the problems that my bottles plug up, so usually I just remove the little spout.

Ah, yes, Nutella, spread of the gods. In my more rotund days ate it quite often and we participated in their promotional giveaways where when you sent them a certain number of those golden little covers, they send you coffee mugs, t-shirts, and Nutella knives.

• Like 1