• Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lostraven
      I got this figure from an Asset Drop box. According to the accompanying documentation it is called White Mage from Lion Tower. It is a very delicate looking casting but unfortunately there were several bubble poc marks on the cloak that had to be filled and several artifacts at various locations that had to be removed. To me it has an anime vibe and used a lot of anime images from Pinterest as reference/inspiration. I had a real hard time with the face, especially the eyes due to fine features. The base is a resin Groundwerks temple base that I've had for ages.

• By lexomatic
      I cant find any of my old threads. I used to have links in my signature which doesnt display in mobile, and I'm rarely on a computer and its awkward on a phone (like I havent been able to make it work, but I'm assuming its possible).
      I can't search just my topics with an empty search term. So how am I supposed to find things now? How does everybody else do it.
      I think a modern can lock this file. I've gotten  desktop working better since I posted.
    • By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/blackforgegames/the-ancestors-tenjin

Story

• By MoonglowMinis
      Hi gang.

I always have trouble with finishing minis if they take too long.  Groups of minis are a frequent struggle for me.  What kind of advice do you have to avoid burnout?

I try to mix things up to stave off the exhaustion and tedium.  I typically switch off between working on groups of minis, to just doing one at a time.  Small minis to big minis.  Detailed minis to simple minis.  I'll even avoid things that are the same color back-to-back.  Anything to help avoid getting sick of painting.

But I have a harder time just getting through a group of minis.  I'll try breaking them into sub groups, or just focusing on painting everything of the same color like all of the wood, or all the leather.

Maybe I'm just tired in general, but I'm definitely feeling worn down on my current set, which is a shame because I am excited to see them finished.

What advice do you have?

How do you avoid burnout?

How do you get yourself to just keep painting?
    • By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/westfaliaminiatures/rakshasa-madness

Story
      The Death Knight Rises
      To me there's only one true fallen paladin who, deceived by the darkest forces, broke his oath and became a paragon of hatred and terror. But, I am into classic TTRPGs, so I wanted to rethink the concept. Boris Woloszyn, amazing sculptor that he is, took over and has transformed this idea into a remarkable sets of miniatures.
        The Miniatures
      There are only two. The Minion is 32mm scale and the Fallen Paladin measures 40mm to the top of his head.They will get cast in the crispest of resins. They come unassembled and without bases. 
        The Paladin - doing a gentle spin
       PLAY The Minions
      The Pledge Levels
      There are two. Ones comes with only the Death Knight, the other comes with the Death Knight and two minions.
      The price for only the Death Knight is 15CA$, the set with 1 Death Knight and 2 minions is 35CA$ (less than 30US$). 
      Backerkit will charge max. 14CA$ for postage on top of that.
        Stretch Goals
      We have one and I will unlock it if we reach 10K.
        Add-On's
      We will open a backer kit pledge manager for those that want some extra minis, and we make sure to drop all the suitable Boris stuff in there too.

I want to give you a little preview what to expect in terms of add-on's.

There will be this well known lot sculpted by Boris. 10C$ each. (In case you want to top up to find out what 10K will bring)
      And there will be some 3D printed things (20 Microns, they paint like casts).

1. This lad and his little buddy, because dwarves and gobbos. 8CA$
      2. 3 Halflings on a rampage. 2 female 1 male, because. Also - kettle jump pack. The pacK of 3 plus 2 steam bases will be 20 C$
      I still have more to throw into the mix, but I need to re-watch that episode now.  

Thanks again!
  • Who's Online   22 Members, 2 Anonymous, 43 Guests (See full list)