Sign in to follow this  
ReaperWolf

ReaperWolf RC 2015 themed roleplay events!!

Greetings,

Just so everybody knows, I'll be running themed RC 2015 rpg events as I have the past many years. I'm sticking with the three-hour block formats running each adventure twice over the course of the con. Four factions compete for control over the Axis, a massive space station 20+ kilometers in diameter. Old Terra is a distant memory, the Axis has been home to the remnants of Humanity after their colony ship suffered a mishap and was cast adrift. Since then additional drift-fleets from every corner of the galaxy have come to the station, docked, and added to the chaos.

While the final details are still coming together I can reveal the factions:

Confed: This is the democratically elected government promoting equality among the races but struggles to keep the peace with the assistance of the IMEF: Interstellar Marine Expeditionary Force. Their enemy is the Tribunal. (Good)

Tribunal: A shadowy organization seeking to manipulate and gather power at any cost. They use any means at their disposal but prefer assassination, extortion, and mayhem. To them the ends justify the means. (Bad).

Mutants: Science run amok! The mutants are the result of accidental and deliberate genomic modification due to radiological and xenobiological contamination. Think John Carpenter's The Thing with the infected struggling to maintain their hold onto what remains of their humanity. In exchange for their warped physiques they possess a staggering array of physical and mental abilites. (Neutral)

Freelancers: Not so much a faction but rather a loose brotherhood of squabbling scallywags, drift trash, star-mercs, and assassins looking for their next score. (Neutral)

There will be numerous outside groups working with and against the four factions, for hints on what's to come scope out the Fig-Finder searching 'Sci Fi' and see what turns up. If your a fan of Babylon 5, Deep Space 9, Star Wars, Star Trek, and/or Firefly you'll find a lot to love in this years offerings.

In the weeks ahead I'll continue to drop tidbits, rumors, maps and maybe a fully statted character or threat to keep ya interested and guessin'.

As usual my games will be available for pre-reg, I'm still finalizing the event descriptions so stay tuned. Seating will be limited to 6 but I reserve the right to seat another player or two. Four factions means four different faction-themed events. The fifth event will be an all-faction mashup and it seats 8.

Pregenerated characters will be provided along with all materials.

In addition to the very brief blurb above, an announcement: After careful consideration I've decided to use the West End Games D6 Space, Fantasy, and Adventure rpgs for my events this year. Yes, Fantasy and there will be characters who can access the mind-bending flesh-rending powers of the Source.

In previous years I've used Pathfinder, Savage Worlds, and even Ubiquity to great success. Those of you interested can find ALL of the WEG D6 material at DriveThruRPG and RPGNow sites for FREE. Yes, free. Eric Gibson has generously provided .pdfs of the rulebooks and supplemental books to the D6 community at no cost. The Open D6 license has allowed a variety of publishers to run with the ball and generate their own great content and I encourage ya'll to explore what the D6 community has to offer.

In the meantime keep your Chimeran Spikeplasm Pistol handy, there are sinister things skulking the Axis corridors and people disappear every day. A final word of advice: never dicker with a Bathalian. The loss of your mind is the least of your worries...

Stay tuned!

>>ReaperWolf

Edited by ReaperWolf
  • Like 8

Sounds like fun. Loved playing Star Wars D6 way back in the day. One of my most memorable gaming experiences. I'm finalizing my gaming plans as well.

• Like 1

May the Source be with you.

Unlike the Force with the explicit universal morality the Source is more of a "reality is dictated by perception" philosophy so users of the Source or Sorce as it's sometimes spelled literally bend and shape reality to their wills. Hence the word sorceror. Mneme Knights are the do-gooder Jedi of the setting who battled the alien schemer Bathalians who devour memories and in effect threaten reality.

Edited by ReaperWolf
  • Like 1

Been a few days, figured I'd give this a bump.

I'll post an update later tonight... maybe one of the pregens for the the good-guy faction.

Edited by ReaperWolf

Sounds fantastic.  I hope I have time to get into these games. 

For those who haven't had a chance to play in a game with ReaperWolf, do your best to make the time.  I go to A LOT of conventions and he is one of the best GM's I've come across.  Get ready to forget about your dice results and be immersed in the setting he creates.

• Like 1

+1 for making time to play one of ReaperWolf's games. It's well worth the time spent, and I promise you he will make sure you have a blast.

I've secured permission to post my RC 2015 themed rpg events. The dates will be announced soonish along with registration. I'm seating 6 for each of the faction events and 8 for the four-faction mash-up. Each adventure runs 3 hours and runs twice.

Odyssey of Blood and Steel
This is Free Trader Ulysses, calling anyone... Mayday, Mayday... we are under attack... main drive is gone.. turret number one not responding... Mayday... losing cabin pressure fast... calling anyone... please help... This is Free Trader Ulysses... Mayday...
A distress call from a derelict space-hulk unleashes an enemy from the past threatening to plunge all of Driftspace into war.

Double-Cross, Triple-Helix
Life in the ‘Crawls is Hell. Most muties succumb to starvation or disease long before old-age claims ‘em. A daring raid for food, medicine and weapons is staged but boon quickly turns to blood-bath and now you’re on the run.
Muties must use their courage, wits and mutations to survive the many hazards of the ‘Crawls and get home safe.

Daggers in the Dark
The Tribunal has suffered the tedious antics of the Five Suns Freebooters long enough. A daring assault on crucial Five Suns ships and holdings will cut the legs out from the pitiful rabble once and for all. Best of all, Confed will take the blame for the attacks.
The Tribunal dispatches agents to disrupt Five Suns operations implicating Confed in the attacks.

Operating in the Red
The filthy muties have crossed a line and they’ll pay the debt in blood, decaliters of it! The muties intercepted a weapons shipment and hijacked a Five Suns ship after killing the crew.
Smugglers, pirates, and mercs unite under the Five Suns banner to settle a debt against the freakish horde.

Echoes of Extinction
IMEF and Five Suns fleets are in retreat, colonies are disappearing overnight, and bizarre ships of unknown origin are converging on the Axis Mundi. The combined forces of the four Factions mobilize against their common enemy or face extinction.
The four factions unite to defeat their common enemy.

• Like 1

Thought some of you would be interested in what's trickling out of the ol' WorldForge in anticipation for ReaperCon 2015...

This is preliminary, some of the details are still coming into focus but this should generate some controversy.

>>ReaperWolf

post-438-0-79763000-1428906568_thumb.jpg

Edited by ReaperWolf

And one of the sector maps. Driftspace is huge, plenty of blank spots on the map...

All subject to change but see if this piques your interest.

>>ReaperWolf

post-438-0-59814300-1428906719_thumb.jpg

Oddly enough no update last night because I was finishing the Driftspace article for the con book. Will post a juicy tidbit tonight - Illyrian Private Investigator.