Sign in to follow this  
Patrik Strom

Beholder, DnD Miniatures Repaint

Great job! I like to see people 'fixing up' prepaints, some of them are actually pretty decent figures underneath the lousy (factory) paint job.

• Like 1

They look good!

You should put pics of the prepaint schemes as a before/after. It will help sell how awesome you have done.

• Like 2

Thanks all for the kind comments!

Great job! I like to see people 'fixing up' prepaints, some of them are actually pretty decent figures underneath the lousy (factory) paint job.

The DDM line of prepainted figures has quite a few nice sculpts. I was kind of disappointed when Wizkids got the contract for the new line of DnD miniatures. I haven't been impressed with their previous sculpts and the new DnD line isn't impressive.

They look good!

You should put pics of the prepaint schemes as a before/after. It will help sell how awesome you have done.

Didn't think of taking a before pic :/ When I repaint a prepainted miniature I usually just basecoat it and then quickshade. It is an improvement of the original paintjob (otherwise I wouldn't do it:) but not that much to look at otherwise :)

• Like 2

The DDM line of prepainted figures has quite a few nice sculpts. I was kind of disappointed when Wizkids got the contract for the new line of DnD miniatures. I haven't been impressed with their previous sculpts and the new DnD line isn't impressive.

They look good!

Didn't think of taking a before pic :/ When I repaint a prepainted miniature I usually just basecoat it and then quickshade. It is an improvement of the original paintjob (otherwise I wouldn't do it:) but not that much to look at otherwise :)

I meant more just post a stock photo of the DDM prepaint so people have a vague idea of what to compare it to (even though the stock photos tend to be much higher quality than the actual PPM)

• Like 2

They look good!

I meant more just post a stock photo of the DDM prepaint so people have a vague idea of what to compare it to (even though the stock photos tend to be much higher quality than the actual PPM)

Ah, I get it. Although the stock photo for the two beholders are quite good :) Almost want to take back the Beholder Lich now... :)

post-6964-0-02295600-1421181692.jpeg

post-6964-0-01705600-1421181743.jpg

Edited by Patrik Strom

The difference between the stock photo paint job and the actual prepainted paint job reminds me of some of those old MAD Magazine articles, "What they promise and what you actually get."

Nice repaint.

• Like 1