Corporea's 2015 Miniatures, jan-april

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First up, I've made some progress on my Savior 40 yrs for KD. I needed to find a way to increase the contrast between the skin and the dress, so I glazed the skin with old west rose to warm it up.

Well, the demoness has been De-Swansonized, but I don't have pics.  I'll wait until she's done!   In the meantime, I had a flash of inspiration and made progress on the green witch.  I was staring a

Matador Down!     And marble done!!

Posted Images

Beautiful skin tone and the pattern on her tail is lovely and adds a lot to the mini.  i like what I can see of the eyes and the facial expresssion as well.

This was well worth posting and should have her own show off post!

• Like 1

oh! no, not unless I grabbed the wrong secret weapon base... I freehanded in a knotwork pattern... it may look like roadlines from this angle though!  :lol::wacko: ... runs to go check base and come up with a story to explain it... ::):

• Like 2

Hah! I got like-bombed by One Boot! ::): Thanks everyone!!

I think I'll do a blood effect on one horn and maybe a hoof or leg. I could try to attach a sacrificial toothpick in the flank as if he'd been stuck. But I think it'd be easier to do the cape under the hoof. I have to find this fellow a fancy wooden base. He'll be my offering for the reapercon auction.

I'm gonna need more Reaperbucks. :ph34r:

• Like 5

Wow!  I'm afraid I've been doing a bad job of following along at home, but I am simply floored by how your bull and nature mage are turning out!  I'm over here fighting with making something as simple as a stone wall, and then I come over here to see you making beautiful paper butterflies for crying out loud!

Anyway, all that is to say:  Keep up the great work!  ::):

• Like 7

awww!  You guys are awesome!  Kuro- I'm still not sure the butterflies are going to hold up long term, but I did try the technique a few years back with some vegetation on my chthon, so there's hope.  I'm going to try to get the branches smoothed out today- the leaves are glued on but I had to wait for the superglue to dry. Almost done!  Squee!!

• Like 7
  • 2 weeks later...

I am not sure how much you want to touch up or alter.   My first impression is the the reflection's chest is too large and is out of proportion to the mini and rest of the reflection.  If you could reduce the breasts you would be able to paint in more of the face and upper chest area.

Second is watch your shadows!   The reflection should be dark where the main image is dark.  So under the breasts should be in shadow but you have it as almost a highlight.

But knowing that I cannot do a tenth of what you have achieved, take my opinion for what it is, just my personal observations.

Overall this is amazing work!

:devil:

• Like 4

The only thing I can think of, is if you are finding after all is said and done, you aren't quite happy, Maybe add a slight ripple effect, or even a layer of realistic water or something that can cover/hide any distortion between mini and reflection, It's a crazy awesome piece, and it really shows what you where going for perfectly (though I almost think you have to make a second on in reverse of this and have them serve as book ends)

• Like 3

Wow this is awesome. The finished piece is going to be breath taking. I do agree with Robinh about the size of her breasts in the reflection, her nose also looks a bit off but as I am no artists by any means I can not tell you why.

Regardless I think you could call the relection finished and it will still be amazing as is.

• Like 2

Wow this is awesome. The finished piece is going to be breath taking. I do agree with Robinh about the size of her breasts in the reflection, her nose also looks a bit off but as I am no artists by any means I can not tell you why.

Regardless I think you could call the relection finished and it will still be amazing as is.

It is looking amazing.

I think the thing about the nose is that the face is almost face-on, but the nose is turned to the right. if you were to take some of the cheek color and bring it over the right side of the nose especially towards the bottom so that the nose were thinner, more like a long rectangle than a triangle, I think that would help.

The breasts in the reflection are wider than the ones on the figure. If you took them in a bit at the underarms that might look a little more like the figure. And I do think the breast covering the lower part of the face extends a bit far out, although fixing that would entail painting some more on her face.

These are all minor matters, though. The concept and execution are stunning.

• Like 6