Liquitex Tardis Blue

kristof65

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks to my eye, if you had to pick a single color to paint it, like a Prussian Blue lightened with just a touch of white.

This is one of the reasons I'm lukewarm about spray paints; I like mixing my own colors.

When I did paint my own version of a TARDIS door, it was with a mix of Quinacridone Magenta, Phthalo Green, and white.

• Like 1

Prussian Blue Hue 5 would be my choice from what I can see 

That's probably the closest, but it's still not right. If you don't mind hand-painting, and a bit of cleanup, Sherwin-Williams can probably mix up some Pantone 2955c for you.

Hand painting?  THIS is the perfect reason to purchase an air brush!

Thanks all- that confirms my own gut feelings are right.

It looks to my eye, if you had to pick a single color to paint it, like a Prussian Blue lightened with just a touch of white.

This is one of the reasons I'm lukewarm about spray paints; I like mixing my own colors.

The reason I want a spray paint is because my Tardis is over a foot tall, and I'll get a more even basecoat with a spray paint than I can manage brushing it on, and the natural wood grain of the basswood and balsa won't be obscured by any brush strokes.

One of the reasons I wanted to pick a color from the Liquitex line is because there will be a matching acrylic paint I can brush on, and mix with should I decide to do any touch up or highlighting.

• Like 2