Sign in to follow this  
Evilhalfling

Evilhalfling's Resolutionay Challenge January

I got a new vampire box of bones, from the friend who talked me into buying one in the first place.

So now I get to repaint all the minis I painted when I was just starting.  

post-12081-0-60031700-1366864069_thumb.jpg

is now 

post-12081-0-36461200-1421413028_thumb.jpg

This guy is a repost, now with gold bracers.  He is from mice and mystics board game (I only bought the figures)  and has gone from hero to villain  In my campaign he is known as "The Lord of Cats" 

post-12081-0-75698700-1421413061_thumb.jpg

This figure will shortly serve as a Dire Lion, so I wanted to paint him as cat like as possible. Ill post the earlier (hellhound version) after I get a new picture of him. 

post-12081-0-11901600-1421413051_thumb.jpgpost-12081-0-45891400-1421413055_thumb.jpg

I think I completed hound in late 2013, shown is a second attempt at the him, the first was terrible. and thankfully has no photos. 

post-12081-0-65353200-1421429723_thumb.jpg

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 19

Good stuff!! With the kobolds, I'm assuming you meant the first pic is Kobolds from your first Vampire box, and the second pic is from the new box? That's a neat idea, showing Mk.1 and Mk.2 versions!

Round 2 looks good.  Painting the same figures again is a great way to see improvement.  I recently bought duplicates of the first couple figures I ever painted to see if I can do a better job this time around.  

I think the main differences are the thickness of the paint, when I started it was always too thick. I did very little shading on the kobolds this time around, mostly its real shadows. I even used metallic paint instead of taking the time with NNM.  My photography set up has improved, showing the details better. 

That and the weapon conversion. One of the arms is mostly greenstuff, with a reused hand and a new sword. I was going for an arm, but ended up with a sleeve instead. I am more proud of the attempt than the result. 

EXCELLENT PROGRESS! Hanging on to a couple of the first stage minis might be a good way to remind yourself just how far you have come...we do tend to down play our accomplishments. GREAT STUFF!

I like them all but the mouse really stands out ;) well done

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this