Sign in to follow this  
Adrift

Imbrian Arts: Gnoll

He'd fit right in with a adventure I'm running at Rcon this year. Nicely done!

• Like 1

That Proctor is a sonofa...but he's right, it looks great :)

I'm looking forward to painting the IA gnoll as a cool bookend to the first false start getting back into painting in 2011. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3667682/Minis/Completed/Gnoll.jpeg

How was the resin to work with, seems like a few like this one are really at risk for breakage.

• Like 2

Looks great!!!  Love the bigger photos that showcase your hard work!  

Nice spots and fur.  NMM is also very good.  The scar was a nice touch!!

Thanks

• Like 2

That Proctor is a sonofa...but he's right, it looks great :)

I'm looking forward to painting the IA gnoll as a cool bookend to the first false start getting back into painting in 2011. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3667682/Minis/Completed/Gnoll.jpeg

How was the resin to work with, seems like a few like this one are really at risk for breakage.

I actually backed for the metal figs during the KS, so I'm working with metal...sorry but I can't give feedback on the resin my friend.

Awesome. Love the fact you gave it a hyena type paint to match its desert clothes

Thank you for noticing!

• Like 2

My Resin troll is pretty nice.. the spines on the horns are a little fragile.. there are some mold lines, but most are not real difficult to deal with

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By aku-chan
      Presenting Lady Fancy Hair, my second Survivor from the Gigalion expansion from Kingdom Death, she's into whips and leather belts.

Had this one sitting unfinished for a while (I got burnt out painting her fancy hair), but as I currently have a renewed interest in my Kingdom Death stuff, I thought I'd try and get her finished.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By vegascat
      I made this model at a Reaper Bones make & take at Historicon 2015(?).  I really enjoyed making him and thought he turned out well and had plans to paint him one day......and then the Secret Sophie came along and my recipient wanted a cool monster or creature and I thought this model fit the bill in spades.   The main model I used is KAGUNK, OGRE CHIEFTAIN (https://www.reapermini.com/search/ogre/latest/77105), armed with a demonic looking whip, using a sarcophagus lid as a shield (https://www.reapermini.com/search/crypt/latest/77137), legs from...something (gryphon maybe), spines from a small dragon, and some various heads as trophies around his waist. 

I decided to name him Takzez and have given him two brief write ups - one as a bad guy and one as a good guy.  However, I do want to have the receiver to have something to himself and he can let me know later if he'd like me to share that info or not later.  But in the meantime, here he is.  Apologies for the photos, I rushed as it is already late.

I do wish I'd had more time to work on his skin and legs, although the skin turned out tons better than my first attempt at it.  Oh wow, I am going to hit that inner bottom corner on the shield with a was a few times before I send it.

C&C welcome!

• By stormbreach
      Hi guys, back again after a long absence... again.  I took a very long time to paint something that was supposed to be a speed paint.  I was painting a Bones Finari and wasn't happy with the cast so I was just trying to get her done quick to get her off the shelf but then everything went wrong with the paint job and I stalled out for a long time.  I'm not posting her because I wasn't happy but I've finally moved on.  This is my Gnoll Warrior.  I kind of like him.  He is part of my new strategy to just paint and get used to the motions and not try to be perfect all the time.  Trying to be perfect puts more minis on shelves of shame instead of in display cabinets.  I thought his mane looked a lot like a mohawk so I decided that maybe he would dye it in the colours of his tribe or clan or war party or whatever.  I thought it was neat.  If I did it again I would maybe use more muted colours but this first time I was afraid maybe muted colours would fade out and go unnoticed.  I was happy with the eye and jaws on his right side but not his left (which is why there are no good pictures of his left side ).  But here he is, he's imperfect and I'm happy with him!  Comments are welcome as always!

• By aku-chan
      Presenting the Leather Queen, a Pin-up version of the Leather Armoured Survivors from Kingdom Death, hopefully she's wearing just enough to not need a nudity link.

I'm pretty out of practice painting Pin-ups so she's a little rough around the edges, and I never could figure out a way to make her hair look like hair, but at least it's another one finally finished.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By Pochi
      The second gnoll I painted with inspiration from the gnolls of World of Warcraft. This is the Bones Toghra.

• Who's Online   24 Members, 1 Anonymous, 42 Guests (See full list)