Sign in to follow this  
bailey03

Dark Elf Assassin

I love this and you did me a favor introducing me to another mini manufacturer. I've been wanting to do some larger pieces and busts and some of these are amazing!! THanks!

• Like 2

Wow.. that's really nice.  Very expressive face and eyes, great little freehand embellishments on the cloth.  Looking forward to seeing the progress on this.  :D

Thanks, everyone!

Adrift, they've got some really neat stuff.  This is one from their fantasy line that I've painted.  I'm getting a couple of their steampunk kits and I've been tempted by a few of their sci-fi ones.  Most of the kits come with a couple options.  This one had an alternative head (no hood) and an alternative left arm (straight down, holding another short sword).

• Like 1

So very nice. I've never been into the larger figures, not out of a lack of desire to paint them, but from no where to put them when I get them off the desk. Seeing the wonderful pieces you put out to see though keeps tempting me to give just one a shot.

Thanks, Corporea, ub3r_n3rd, and ShadowRaven.

ShadowRaven, if you ever decide to give larger scales a try I recommend starting with a 54mm.  They're not that much bigger than a monstrous 28mm, a giant or something similar, so it's not that big of an adjustment.

• Like 2

Thanks, guys.  I've just about finished the figure.  Now I get to focus on that base.  I'm thinking I'll do a building interior (though a dark alley way is still an option).  I've got some ideas but need to work out the details.  Then I'll bust out the plasticard and balsa wood.  Should be a fun project.

post-13634-0-42783600-1421631177.jpgpost-13634-0-76172100-1421631179.jpgpost-13634-0-51141100-1421631181.jpgpost-13634-0-44430400-1421631183.jpgpost-13634-0-05445800-1421631185.jpgpost-13634-0-99297500-1421631186.jpg

• Like 7

Oooh!  How do you feel about a light source and dark shadows on the walls? Now that you're almost done and all... ::):  He's looking awesome!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By bailey03
      It's been a while since I posted here, but I wanted to share one of my current projects. I started on this 70mm orc from Yedharo back in October. I took a break from it for a while and just recently got back to work on her. When I first saw the sculpt, for some reason I immediately pictured a blue orc. I know a little untraditional, but I like to switch it up from the standard green. One of the things I wanted to work with on this piece was the use of ambient color/light. I pictured her standing over some beast she'd killed and wanted to show the light reflecting off of that and onto the orc. Since she's blue, I decided on red for the beast. It's not the easiest thing to see in the photos (the effect is more obvious in person) but you can see it most clearly from behind. When I start on the armor I'll be doing the same thing and it should be even more pronounced there since metallic objects can pick up a lot of light/color from the other objects in the scene. I'll be painting her with TMM, so there's going to be some experimentation as I work matte colors into my metallics for the reflected light.

My latest progress has been to build the base. I'm not much of a sculptor, but I've been getting some practice in over the past year and feel a bit more comfortable tackling something like this. Overall I'm pretty happy with how the base sculpt turned out. Now I'm curious to see what I'll think of it when I finally start to paint it! Having the base is also nice as, when I start on the metallics, I'll have a more precise reference to work from for the reflections (instead of just the vague idea I had when I worked on the skin).

• By GlenP
      This is Scale 75's Ares Operator 03. It's a 40mm resin future soldier and apparently part of a gaming system. The package had some cards in it, but since I don't play the game, they're a bit lost on me... Anyhoo...

The figure is four parts - head, upper torso/arms, lower torso/legs, and the rifle with molded on hands. Cleanup was taking care of the usual casting seams and the removal of bits and pieces of mold trash. I used the gray Stynelrez primer (brushed on out of the bottle) and Reaper MSP paints. I used a Dremel tool and ball/dovetail cutters to mark up/damage the armor and went with a splotchy green camo. While they have their place, I tend not to use bright colors on military figures because all they say to me is 'Here I am! Shoot me!'.

The figure is mounted on a sanded/stained wood craft block with Aves Apoxie Sculpt groundwork, kitty litter rocks and somebody's weeds. I added a dripping rusty pipe coming out of the ground and a large putty teddy bear. 

Qs and Cs welcomed.

Glen 

• By GlenP
      Now that I have your attention...

This is Percival, a one inch(ish) tall resin penguin from Scale 75. The piece is part a larger model in S75's SmogRiders line. It's not normally available separately, but I was able to score one when it fell off a truck. The piece originally had a WW I style Prussian spiked helmet. I removed the helmet and added a WW II British helmet from my spares box. The groundwork is Aves putty stippled with a stiff oil painting brush to give it a sandy texture. The sandbags are also putty formed with my fingers. I left my fingerprints on them to give the impression of coarsely woven canvas. The sign is sheet plastic and strip. Reaper MSP paints. Eventually, it'll have a name plate 'Why Am I Here?'

Qs and Cs welcomed.

Glen

• By Valthorn_Illian
      Got just a few touch ups and he'll be done. It's my first large scale mini and the first time I've ever used an airbrush to get work done. I think he turned out pretty good.

Pardon the low quality of my pics, my light box decided to break and my phone camera is crap.
    • By giyomuSan
      Just finished that one who was sitting on my desk for long time.
      Kind of mess up one eyes looking close up but hmm , this is still my weak point ( cause I usually avoid them haha ).

• Who's Online   25 Members, 0 Anonymous, 35 Guests (See full list)