Jasonator

Horde Warrior -Tin Man Miniatures

excellent Jay and you have definitly stepped up in your basing as well!   :B):

The darkside has another convert! :devil:

• Like 4

Very nice sir! The only thing I'd like to see is some darkening of the 'tusks' either near where they emerge from his head or toward the tips to give some depth.

• Like 2

This is a very cool an unusual miniature, great job on the painting and nice to see you branching out.

• Like 2

Very nice sir! The only thing I'd like to see is some darkening of the 'tusks' either near where they emerge from his head or toward the tips to give some depth.

Thanks Adrift !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll have to make that modification !

I wasn't too sure what the heck those things were.. Hair, tusks, horns, ???

and he has little teeth also..

Was bit confusing !  LOL

• Like 2

I'm not sure what they/it is anyhow so let your imagination run wild.

it's supposed to be a knock off of edgar rice burroughs green men of mars from the john carter books. They are wild, communial tribal aliens. Yes, those white chuncks near the face are indeed tusks. I see the mini is also dressed in theteaditional garb of mars... Nothing at all! Thats right martian natives wear little to nothing at all. I tried to convince reaper to make their own "not john carter of mars" minis, but they said they were unable due disney's copyright laws. I laughed inspite of all the not dnd minis they make.

Hey Reaper, I'd love to see your take on some not john carter minis! :)

Thanks Everyone.

This was so much fun to paint.

I will be prepping a couple of miniature for a few days, while I await a new delivery of flesh colors from Vallejo.

I don't see any Meirer sculpts in my queue for at least a month or more.

Going to learn how to use all those silly files I got.

Things you enjoy generally turn out better than those you don't...at least that's my experience. The Big Green Guy LOOKS like you had a SPLENDID time painting him up. GREAT WORK!

By the way, Bronze Age Miniatures has a bunch of minis in their SciFi range that would compliment that one very nicely.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By joshuaslater
      These savages are on Kickstarter.  My first Kickstarter!  There are all kinds of add ons lurking in here too.  Thanks Reaper for providing this forum! 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1648985407/rise-of-the-powrie?ref=creator_nav

• By Orlando_the_Technicoloured
      Statuesque Miniatures

Ok. We're all set. The Kickstarter launches on Tuesday! It's not a massively long campaign, so tell everyone! Your friends, your family, even your enemies - maybe they just need tiny metal toys in their lives and will forever more be much better people!

You'll be able to grab the full set of miniatures or choose from smaller sets in any combination. There will also be a very limited number of hand-finished (by me) sets just like the miniatures in the photos. The perfect labour-free gift for yourself or someone you love. Awwww.
    • By Orlando_the_Technicoloured
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/554542735/space-raiders-the-space-goblins?ref=creator_nav&fbclid=IwAR2h-8VsOTVqQQ_gMAqIGt7JgDvMDxwHvFgWQzDCAKXjyUCuYXr2m1TbpFY

Space Riders "The Space Goblins!"

This is the 4th chapter in the Space Raiders range. Bringing miniatures with the classic late 80's and early 90's oldschool look and cast in metal (except for those especified).

This time focusing on the Space Goblins and the Mind Controllers.

They will the perfect reinforcements for your classic armies or maybe you'll start right from here!

You can see more pics of all of them at my Facebook group,

Space Raiders:https://www.facebook.com/groups/775315502580794/

The new Goblins and orc arms are sculpted by the goblin master himself KEVIN ADAMS, while the Mind controller is no other than Bob Olley! Two true oldhammer legends!

• By Kangaroorex
      Okay I might have a problem when it comes to collecting and painting dragons.  They fascinate me.  This dragon has been produced by many companies, I think Dark Sword holds the rights at this point but it was also produced by RAFM and Ral Partha and probably others as well.  She is a small thing but still fun and relatively simple to paint up.  The dragon back has a very fine scale texture making the wide expanse of a back difficult to display (for her brothers and sisters I will probably incorporate some sort of design) properly. Hope you enjoy

• By Kangaroorex
      Just a few more pieces that I completed over the memorial day weekend.  The problem with these show offs is I don't usually get to post them until after the thread wraps up...

Fun to paint and a really great sculpt, I didn't do the piece justice but I do like how it turned out.  It did give me a chance to practice my flame and yellows and reds.  Hope you like it too!

• Who's Online   22 Members, 2 Anonymous, 173 Guests (See full list)