Cash's Winter Workbench 2015

CashWiley

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay roses!  Keep up the good work! Remember the rose's inner petals are flush with the outer nearly- so it a wider and fatter shape, rather than a longer one.  Great petals!

And hooray for more Cash OSL!!!  I'm loving the sculpt choice.

• Like 5

I went for more of a closed petal deal, I was epic failing your tutorial (I may understate how completely I don't grok green stuff), but the part about rolling up the center portion seemed to work for me and looked like many a rose I've bought...so that's where I call it 'close enough'. Still going to be a super delicate piece if I can get it assembled and glued to Thalia. But delicate assembly is kind of her thing, so what the heck.

• Like 4

Some more work on the Keeper's OSL.Keeper_WIP_5.jpgStopping here to head up to my buddy's place for some gaming this evening. I also want to think about some tweaks, I think I'll also punch up the right side of the face, even though it doesn't technically get that much light. Just to pull focus and make it super evil villainy.

I would definitely punch up the highlights on his face or maybe introduce another color (subtle purple perhaps) to draw the eye. Right now the focal point is the orb. Which is good but drawing you into the face would give him some real personality. It works really well as it is though.

• Like 8