Popular Post Jordan Peacock Posted January 19, 2015 Popular Post Share Posted January 19, 2015 For an IKRPG campaign (that I'm finally starting next weekend -- yay!) I have a few "Farrow" minis (from Hordes/Minions) who are basically boarmen, and fit a nice niche as creatures that COULD be intelligent, or COULD just be very monstrous, and, what's more, there's considerable variety in terms of what sizes the things come in. I've got a boxed set of "Rorsh & Brine" that consists of a relatively civilized-looking smaller Farrow (Rorsh) with a flintlock, and a huge savage warbeast Farrow (Brine) who's all about "ME SMASH!" I used some Instant Mold to make a crude temporary mold of one of Brine's spiky shoulder pauldrons (included in the set as a separate pieces that nicely hide the attaching points of the arms). I used a bit of putty to give Gnort a loincloth and to add on a shoulder-guard to make Gnort a little less "nekkid." (Not that I'd imagine the Farrow would mind that much, but none of the Warmachine/IKRPG depictions of Farrows has them running about in the buff, so I figure this'd make it fit in a little better and look a little less like "Look! The cheapskate GM is using PROXIES! (gasp!)") Oh, and the base was a very carefully textured bit of putty that ... uh ... got totally obliterated when I tried putting just a little bit of flocking on it here and there. Blargh! In the background are two Mage Knight "wereboar" minis. (I've actually found quite a few old Mage Knight minis are surprisingly usable for Warmachine/IKRPG -- especially some of the clunkier "steam golem" type models.) The original wereboars were bipedal but with hoof-hands. I had a baggy of spare parts left over from someone's "Ogre Kingdoms" box set from Warhammer Fantasy, and the wrists were just the right size that I could chop off the hooves, do some pinning, and add on weapon hands from the ogres. Their shoulder guards are optional belly guards from the same bitz collection. Since Mage Knight minis are already painted, the only "painting" there was basically just to try to get the transplanted hands to blend in, plus a little bit of detail work (and now that I've taken a close-up picture, I can see a lot MORE areas that could use touch-up). 33 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.