• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Adrift stuff is great!

I am very excited about where my barbarian skin is going. Saddly, it is so pale that the camera cannot pick up the nuances under my worklight... I am seriously baffled about it.

So you will just have to use your imagination for now.

• Like 3

Some more progress on detailing Betty tonight by shading her metal darker with Dark Elf Skin glazes and other little touches here and there. 

Used Muddy Brown to start picking out elements of Reyviande and add some 'warmth' to his appearance.

I'm going to definitely add a little bit more warmth to Reyviande's face in his "shadows" to bring him more to life.

post-7416-0-47164400-1424317419.jpg

post-7416-0-36843200-1424317420.jpg

Edited by Adrift
  • Like 18

I felt like working on Reyviande some more tonight. Betty got some gentle glazing just to darken up her metallic elements.

Reyviande got lots of mahogany, rosy, fair skin and then white to highlight up some leather and then the inside of the cloak.

post-7416-0-53985200-1424409108.jpg

post-7416-0-42460700-1424409109.jpg

post-7416-0-27440100-1424409110.jpg

• Like 12

Wow yall! This is REALLY inspiring for me! I am SO gratified to see this kind fo enthusiasm for my sculpts! It is truly an honour and a priveledge to inspire such creativity and enthusiasm!

I will be watchign this much more keenly. :)

The minis ub3r gifted me are nice... and I really want to see what you do with female barbarians!

I expect to work some more on my piece tomorrow; luckily since the skin is 98%, and this is a 98% nakes barbarian... well... I think I only need to do the eyes, hair and leathers. Easy  :;):

• Like 4

Willen I'd definitely like to see the animal pelt around his waist (currently white) deviate in color from his hair. Maybe make the pelt a dark brown against the tan of his battle kilt. Just my thoughts. 

I'm using my iPhone for WIP shots too. 

Edited by Adrift
  • Like 1

Here are shots of Betty and Reyviande at a 'mostly complete' state. I'll probably play with some blending here and there to try and smooth out rough spots that I pinpoint with the camera but I'm feeling pretty good about them at this point. 

Thoughts, opinions and ideas welcome.

I haven't decided what pattern if any to put on the inside of Reyviade's cloak.

Tomorrow it's all about Meghan.

post-7416-0-03649500-1424585552.jpg

post-7416-0-94861700-1424585552.jpg

• Like 10

Painting these RBG figures is making me appreciate all the RBG figures I have that much  more and is driving me to go to work on more RBG figures as soon as I've knocked off some to-do figures.

Edited by Adrift