Sign in to follow this  
Willen

Dilean Softstep, Half Elf Rogue (converted Reaper SKU #03257)

WOW, Willen that is beautiful work! I really like the detectable base that just fits into the entire thing. I mean, you cant even tell it's separate  piece! NIcely done SIR! 

• Like 3

I love the entire piece. The base is perfect and fits great with his display base. I love how you painted everything the mini the roof and all. I am sure Ub3r will love it and display it proudly.

• Like 2

All your nice comments bring smiles to my face, thanks! 

I must admit I am very proud of high nice the blends show up even in closeup, and cellphone pics. I felt I leveled up big on this one.

• Like 3

Wow, that is an amazing base!  :wow:  That it separates into a smaller base for game play is phenomenal! 

The detail on the rogue himself is also impressive, the tattoos, the detail on the quiver, the custom weapons, it's all just so well done.  If Ub3r doesn't love this then he's insane!! 

• Like 3

*grins*

My precioussssssss!

I love it, was very impressed when Willen presented it to me during his trip to Vegas.

It looks great in these pics, but so much better IRL!

Thanks again, my friend!

• Like 5

I'm banging my head against the wall trying to come up with a rooftop scene and Willen knocks one out of the park.

Awesome work!

Oob is a lucky barbarian!

• Like 4

That is AMAZING!! You did a wonderful job on this piece.

'Grats, Ub3r!! You've got a pretty awesome gift there!

• Like 1

I'm banging my head against the wall trying to come up with a rooftop scene and Willen knocks one out of the park.

Awesome work!

Talk to Willen, he's got great ideas obviously.

• Like 1

Wow! Wow, wow, wow! Excuse me while I go pick my jaw up off the floor. That is some beautiful execution of a really cool idea. It may not have turned out as planned, Willem, but you really knocked it out of the park with this one.

• Like 1

Again, thanks to all for the nice words.

Awesome work!

I don't want to mention, but I have had that jumping assassin for 2 years now, it was one of my earliest purchases, and started a vignette with him jumping out of a window, breaking glass, about the time I did the big Dragon Diorama for the contest. It never got finished mainly because I left it for my wife to do it, and she never really got into painting. But, I mean, I have already pondered a vertical dio and have ideas. So if you want to bounce ideas off each other, don't hesitate to drop me a PM.

• Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MoonglowMinis
      The last of my player characters I painted up for Frostrun is Ophelia Pokitz, a young halfling with sticky fingers.  They're represented here by Bailey Silverbell.

Ophelia was a fun mini as well.  Was my first time painting a humanoid with large facial features, which made it a lot easier to bring definition to the nose, lips, and eyes.  I think I even hit the cheeks with a bit of blush.  I also had fun trying to make their cloak look like it was made of fur.  The result is acceptable, but might also just look snow covered.  You can be the judge.  I also enjoyed painting a rogue that was both colorful, but subdued.  The dark greens and magentas add some much needed life to the otherwise dark mini, in my opinion.

More Photos beneath the spoiler:

Ophelia Pokitz is what you would call a troubled teen.  Orphaned at a young age, Ophelia spent much of their childhood passing from orphanage to orphanage, always finding a way to get kicked out.  They eventually left the system and struck out on their own, traveling to some of the larger cities in search of a better life.  Over the years, Ophelia has learned to use their small size and tiny hands to "reposes" any valuables that aren't bolted down.  This habit has put them on a wanted list in many towns across the countryside.  Pushed further north, Ophelia has found themselves in the town of Harpy's Hearth.  Ignorant of their southern reputation, and full of gold-carrying adventurers, this could be a great place for Ophelia to catch a break and line their own pockets.  It could also be a great place to find a new family.  If they can survive the darkness to come.

Read their story and check out the rest of the Frostrun project HERE.
    • By Evilhalfling
      Is this encounter a matter of survival or planned by the sorceress.  Her story either way seems... fishy. 

First attempt at a large resin Diorama. 
      It needs the resin sides sanded/buffed with a mechanical sander.  By hand the resin just turns cloudy, so ill will leave it this way until I have access to the proper tool.
      a few additional refinements should be done before I enter it into competition 
      - more work on wave/ripple patterns.
      - change color / wetness of raft. 
      -paint base black. 

I am happy with it as a display piece,  I just need to keep the dust off, a the wave surface will be a headache to clean. 

WIP Thread.

• By Shadespyre
      Hello Reaper friends!  You might remember I did a whole tribe of Hill Giants on a display board, with hex bases?

This is my follow up to that, this time: Stone Giants.

Errrm, it all got a bit out of hand, and I'd LOVE some input from you all, please

This is where I'm at after a week and I'm a bit stuck tbh.

I think I need to decide more about what the "finish" will look like before I go a lot further. Once I cover that foam with more than paint it's going to be harder to make changes. I'm thinking of sort of "cladding" it in pieces of slate, with sculpted  bits / groundwork in the gaps?

I'd also love to hear suggestions for other miniatures and features to add to the scene to break up those big open rocky spaces. Current extra bits and bobs are just there for a sense of scale and how extra minis might "interrupt" or "enhance" the scene.

Some next steps though:
      - cork around the hexes on the platforms for the bases to fit into
      - some sort of "door frame"
      - "box in" the sides (which are cut out of a continuing mountainside, in my head at least)

Please, rain your ideas and encouragements upon me!

• By SparrowMarie
      So! I'm back. I haven't finished any of my other WIPs lately but I figure one more won't hurt. 

I'm planning on doing a film noir style desert expedition whereupon our investigators find something not of this world. 

I'm really excited for this one(not that I'm not excited for all my projects) but I have some hurdles to cross. 

I want a wall between the white and grey bones, preferably crumbly looking. Not sure where to start with that.  Figure out the best way to magnetize things. And the really big one: figure out how to actually paint in the style I'm trying to do.   
      This will involve a lot of work and time. As well as some (maybe a lot of) practice minis. 

I'm currently in the mock up stage. I've got the minis I want and I'm trying to stage them how I think will look good as well as imagine the wall where I want it.
      First stages of mock up.

• Who's Online   6 Members, 1 Anonymous, 30 Guests (See full list)