Well I have 12 Reaper Chibi so I decided that I will attempt to paint 1 a month this year.  My random draw for january, Jack Pumpkinhead,  He is primed and his head base coated photo'd with my cellphone.

post-12625-0-04837300-1421898832.jpg

• Like 12

Tried to get glowing eyes by using brightest to darkest.  Didn't come out the way I envisioned it.  That and I like the color of the pumpkin head, just think I need to deepen the shadow a little bit more and highlight just a touch higher.

post-12625-0-96869600-1421974686_thumb.jpg

post-12625-0-27930700-1421974689_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

I think it will be hard to give the impression of glowing eyes with such a brightly colored head.  You will probably need to go very close to white.  The fact that the color of the light is the same as the color of the head is not helping either.

• Like 1

Okay.. You got me laughing !

What a hoot.

Looking forward to seeing you complete this one !

Yeah, I got these guys cause they were less serious than other things I was doing.  And after the LTPK 3 I needed something less serious.

Here is my progress.  I got the arms and umm ... top? base coated and applied a darker wash to bring out the details.  I also gave the eyes and mouth a bit of white (Thanks for the suggestion Fanguad!).  Now I need to decide on the coat's color?

post-12625-0-68244500-1422062412_thumb.jpg

post-12625-0-91249400-1422062414_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

You have definitly achieved the glowing eyes...   If you drift to a darker tan or dark shade coat I think it will help the eyes stand out even more with the contrast.

• Like 1

That Pumpkin is looking incredible.

Very Very Nice Highlighting on it !

Go for a contrast on the coat and buttons !

Make it phun ?

as in Phun Punkin !

:devil:

• Like 1

You have definitly achieved the glowing eyes...   If you drift to a darker tan or dark shade coat I think it will help the eyes stand out even more with the contrast.

Make it phun ?

as in Phun Punkin !

The arms are a fairly neutral color.  If I were to think in terms of color wheel and contrast... Would a blue black works?  I feel a Tan would work for the coat but colorwise I leaning towards the black to highlight the pumpkin head?

• Like 3

Make it phun ?

as in Phun Punkin !

The arms are a fairly neutral color.  If I were to think in terms of color wheel and contrast... Would a blue black works?  I feel a Tan would work for the coat but colorwise I leaning towards the black to highlight the pumpkin head?

Maybe a nightmare black, (which is so blue it is black), and then look at buttons... ???

• Like 2

If you were going for the compliment color then a blue/violet would do it.  So maybe a royal purple with shadows towards the blue/black

This would then allow the yellow rope belt  to stand out.  Maybe go to a white or silver buttons set or possibly even better, a brass set of buttons which is just bewteen the yellow and orange on the color wheel.

• Like 2

Maybe a nightmare black, (which is so blue it is black), and then look at buttons... ???

If you were going for the compliment color then a blue/violet would do it.  So maybe a royal purple with shadows towards the blue/black

This would then allow the yellow rope belt  to stand out.  Maybe go to a white or silver buttons set or possibly even better, a brass set of buttons which is just bewteen the yellow and orange on the color wheel.

Hmm.  I like the nighmare black highlighted up with a purple.   I think I'll go with silver (Give me a chance to practice my NMM).

Thanks for the suggestions.

Well yesterday spent alot of time on the road travelling so all I got painted up was the base coat for the cloak experiment.

post-12625-0-53712800-1422232725_thumb.jpg

Today I finished the experiment of highlighting up then using glazes to give the mini the blue-black color.

post-12625-0-78428000-1422232727_thumb.jpg

Here is the mini after several layers glazes of RMS midnight black.

post-12625-0-04269600-1422232730_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this