Bones used for D&D/Roleplaying

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't that what they're for?

Yes, but I just play literal D&D with the miniatures on a diorama set. I'm basically playing Baldurs Gate on paper with plastic figures and real dice instead of a computer.

I'm confused. What's the distinction you are trying to make?

Just wondering if anybody else did that. I looked up on YouTube to see if anyone used them the way I do. They don't. I've figured out now that there is no one way to play D&D.

Back to the point I was really trying to make...

Role-playing with miniatures is fun.

• Like 2

Isn't that what they're for?

Yes, but I just play literal D&D with the miniatures on a diorama set. I'm basically playing Baldurs Gate on paper with plastic figures and real dice instead of a computer.

Ah. Around here there are a lot of folks to whom D&D means the real-world tabletop game.

• Like 5

Yeah, so you're using a fully representative physical play area with miniatures/ terrain for EVERYTHING. Which isn't how everyone plays, at all, but it is very cool.

I like to do something similar, but using Bones minis on printed dungeons. SO far, to be perfectly honest, it's actually a wargame more than an RPG.

• Like 4

That's interesting and raises the question of what you do with Bones figures if you don't play a RPG.  I really enjoy painting Bones figures but don't play a RPG in which they could be used so I tend to have lots of them just sitting around once they are painted.  Not a clue what to do with them. I hate the idea of just tossing them although they are starting to clutter things up a bit.  I sometimes paint boardgame figures because I can usually find someone that wants them on BoardGameGeek.com, but I find it far more enjoyable to paint the more detailed Bones,  Anyone have thoughts on what to do with figures other than just trashing them once they are painted if you don't play a RPG?

Edited by ferret
  • Like 2

That's interesting and raises the question of what you do with Bones figures if you don't play a RPG.  I really enjoy painting Bones figures but don't play a RPG in which they could be used so I tend to have lots of them just sitting around once they are painted.  Not a clue what to do with them. I hate the idea of just tossing them although they are starting to clutter things up a bit.  I sometimes paint boardgame figures because I can usually find someone that wants them on BoardGameGeek.com, but I find it far more enjoyable to paint the more detailed Bones,  Anyone have thoughts on what to do with figures other than just trashing them once they are painted if you don't play a RPG?

Sell them on ebay to all the people who game but don't have the time to paint. You can at the very least fund your hobby that way!

• Like 10