Sign in to follow this  
Pingo

"Shakespeare Summarized" kid tackles classics of world mythology & literature

1 hour ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Wootz!

image.png.646153e62f5ae406f6092b3296074f97.png

"Carbon. God damn. Nanotubes!" I presume?

• Haha 3

On 9/14/2019 at 6:38 AM, Pingo said:

Wow. When I started this thread in January 2015 they had fewer than 2000 subscribers.

(They made their first channel trailer to celebrate that benchmark in October 2015.)

In the wee hours of this morning they got their one-millionth subscriber.

https://mobile.twitter.com/OSPyoutube/status/1172778225803640832

I ... don’t know what to say. Pride is a vice, but I am so HAPPY for them.

I think pride in one's offspring can be forgiven.

I am pleased to have been one of those early subscribers. You know... before they went mainstream. :B):

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:
15 hours ago, klarg1 said:

I am pleased to have been one of those early subscribers. You know... before they went mainstream. :B):

*whispers* I think we have a hipster in our midst............

And it's not the fuzzy faced one living in Brooklyn?!? Crazy... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

19 hours ago, klarg1 said:

You only did because Red's mommy asked you nicely to "Pleeease support my baby's little channel!"

Doesn't sound so quite prideful now, does it? :devil:

P.S. I also subscribed because of Pingo. :down: But stayed subscribed because or Red/Blue's wonderful, entertaining, and educational work. :winkthumbs: And I'm still surprised when I see guests from other channels I follow pop up.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Hey, Pingo - thank Red for us - we just saw their Shadow of the Colossus video... twice. Gods, that was funny!

The Auld Grump

I'll tell her. 

Also, the Halloween video goes up this morning, and I think they're planning to do another Let's Play type thing tomorrow.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PingosHusband said:

Also, the Halloween video goes up this morning, and I think they're planning to do another Let's Play type thing tomorrow.

Well, I know what my wife and I will be watching over dinner as we wait for trick-or-treaters.

• Like 2

Jekyll and Hyde was great! What I like about Red's videos is that I can't just play them in the background, I have to actively watch it to see all the useful facts and tidbits that flash by on the screen. Also, the speed of everything makes me think that this is what the inside of Red's brain is like, permanently on fast forward.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Jekyll and Hyde was great! What I like about Red's videos is that I can't just play them in the background, I have to actively watch it to see all the useful facts and tidbits that flash by on the screen. Also, the speed of everything makes me think that this is what the inside of Red's brain is like, permanently on fast forward.

This why I set the playback speed at x0.85 and add the captions (there's occasionally extra info).

Soooo much to see and listen.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Cranky Dog said:

This why I set the playback speed at x0.85 and add the captions (there's occasionally extra info).

Soooo much to see and listen.

I like watching it at regular speed, it keeps my brain on its toes. My attention span isn't always the best, so it's good to focus on it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1