Sign in to follow this  
Jewelego

77059: Orc Berserker (Two Handed Sword)

Good job all the way around: from the backdrop for the phones to the color scheme. I like it! I feel like there needs to be some shadowing between the armor panels.

• Like 1

Very nice indeed, I second uber I. The shading and you did a great job using non traditional colors on the armor ;)

• Like 2

Nice work!

Awesome! I'd like to see some awesome basing to go along with those awesome paint jobs ;^)

I agree.

• Like 1

I like it! I feel like there needs to be some shadowing between the armor panels.

I like your idea on this as I was a little disappointed in the contrast in the belly area for these.  To be honest I just didn't know what was best.  I had three thoughts on the colors.  One would just be using a thin black line to segment the colors, the next was to use a rich primary color like Royal Purple, Peacock Green, or Fire Orange, and the last was just to increase the wash/pigments and really heap on the dirt/rust factor.  I'm up for suggestions as I still haven't got my last varnish coat on these guys due to the weather.

I like it! I feel like there needs to be some shadowing between the armor panels.

I like your idea on this as I was a little disappointed in the contrast in the belly area for these.  To be honest I just didn't know what was best.  I had three thoughts on the colors.  One would just be using a thin black line to segment the colors, the next was to use a rich primary color like Royal Purple, Peacock Green, or Fire Orange, and the last was just to increase the wash/pigments and really heap on the dirt/rust factor.  I'm up for suggestions as I still haven't got my last varnish coat on these guys due to the weather.

Those are all good idea's. My personal use is with brown wash. I use it all the time to add dirt. As I am no expert, I will point you toward some helpful information.

First off I will start with the reaper forums: Beginner looking for advice on washes, eyes, etc.. The information her is very informative and have more links as well.

Next I would jump into James Wappel's Shaded basecoat style. Even if you dont use it, the tips on dry brushing and glazing are great!

And then I would point you to a tutorial on Contrast. This is more about the theory of it all. In addition to this I would look at THIS Post on Lighting and Shadow by our masterful painters over at Massive Voodoo. I would also scroll through their entire tutorial list several times. It has some very interesting stuff.

Edited by Arc 724
  • Like 3