Dilvish the Deliverer

Talos: City of Intrigue and Adventure!

Jeren smiles at the byplay between the party members and rises to his feet.

"It is getting late, and I have much to prepare so that we may depart in the morning.  I will meet you on the road outside the main gate at the third morning bell."

• Like 1

"Late?!" says the halfling  increduosly, "It is very early yet. See you can tell as I've only had one pint I need at least three others before it is considered late."

Laughing he looks at Jeren, "Well I suppose if you must be going sir. We will see you on the morrow, mind you though I plan to play my lute in awhile so I daresay you'll be missing out."

• Like 1

Grinly begins laughing with abandon, "Oh ho Thromdor, little pricks? Mayhaps you're right but a little prick can be very effective if it hits the right spot eh?" He continues laughing as he pours himself a second round from the pitcher.

• Like 1

"Rest well Jeren.  We shall be there, and on time."  Horrik sweeps the table, making eye contact with his friends as they jest and knock back mugs of ale.  "Will we be riding with the wagons, on horse, or marching?"

• Like 1

"Prob'ly best if 'e leaves now, if yer plannin' t' play. Don't want t' poor man deaf fer t' ride," Nivin says shaking his head wryly, "One day, we'll convince ye t' settle down wit' t' one woman."

He turns to Horrik and the task that awaits. "Was t'inkin' o' ridin' a little ahead, meself. I've an eye fer t' area, an' tha' may prove useful."

• Like 1

"Don't try to pull that Nivin, I admit my last performance was unfortunately not my best but I saw you tapping your foot and grinning more than most." He smiles, "As for one woman, I can't even settle on one town, how can you expect me to choose when there are so many out there I haven't tried yet?" He smiles and clanks mugs with Thromdor winking as he turns to Horrik, "I'm not much for riding but perhaps I could procure a mount of some sort if you lot wish to go faster than my fuzzy feet can take me." 

Edited by prophetic_joe
  • Like 1

Jeren looks uncertain as he addresses Horrik.

"Uhm, walking I guess.  the carts are drawn by oxen and I'm fairly sure there will be no room.  I don't own any horses, and didn't think about getting any as I have always just walked to the mine.  the oxen don't move very fast so keeping up usually isn't a problem."

• Like 1

"Something to consider tonight before you rest Jeren, while we still have the opportunity to make preparations.  Your wagons are slow moving targets that are easy to watch as they approach and none too difficult to set up for ambush.  We will be travelling for several days.  A few horses could allow outriders to scout ahead or flank an enemy that thinks they have us unawares.  I'm no knight or horseman, I prefer good, solid ground beneath my feet and will walk with you.  A few of my friends, with mounts, could reduce the risks to men and cargo.  For you and I, it seems we have a long walk ahead of us.  Until three bells tomorrow."  Horrik rises and nods to Jeren as he departs.  When Jeren exits the taproom, Horrik turns back to the table.  "Fellows, if we're to be leaving by foot in the morning we should all call it a night and head to bed.  Grinly, your own bed, and alone.  We've no need of a ruckus in the morning as we leave here, be it pissed off husband or dalliance."

• Like 1

"Alright, alright but I demand at least one night of allowed reckless debauchery when we return." Grinly smirks. "OK gents you heard Papa Horrik, to bed with you, lest you sleep to late and miss out on some easy coin." He laughs as he quickly finishes what is left of his pint.

Standing he shouts to the tavern keeper, "Sigurd my good man I regret to inform you but you will be without my entertainment this evening and for the next few days, I do hope you will survive." He puts down his mug and gives the table a bow and says "Tomorrow gentleman, Rorikk do try to grow a sense of humor while you sleep." With that the halfling departs, heading toward his room.

• Like 1

Slowly, the party breaks up going their separate way to their lodgings.

Dawn comes early, and much too noisily for those who overindulged in ale the previous night.  Making your way through bustling city, to reach the main gate without incident.  On the other side, off to the side of the road, you see Jeren standing with what you assume are his supply carts.  Four placid oxen, each hitched to a like number sturdy wooden carts, wheels hooped with iron, are loaded with an assortment of boxes bags and barrels.  Two drovers dressed in simple garb stand nearby, looking anxious to be off.

• Like 1

Nivin takes in the view of the convoy, noting that Jeren didn't reconsider the horses. Pity. Still, the drovers look like good men. Simple folk. Anxious folk, to be fair. He claps one on the elbow as he passes, gives the man a reassuring nod, and takes his position at the front of the convoy. He checks the longsword is loose in it's scabbard, then plants the butt of his quarterstaff on the ground and awaits the rest of the party.

• Like 1

Despite Grinly's desire for a long night of drinking and smiling at young women, he had followed Horrik's advice and gone to bed early. Truth be told the young married lass had really put him through his paces and of course sprinting on his little legs towards the window while trying to gather his belongings had been very exhausting as well. No he had fallen asleep almost as soon as his head hit the pillow and so found himself ready early in the morning and of the first to arrive at the convoy.

"Well met Nivin!" He shouts energetically as he sees the other halfilng. "It's a wonderful day for a stroll through the country is it not?"

• Like 2

Nivin's eyes roll. "I 'ardly t'ink it's a stroll, Grinly, at leas' no' fer t'ese two fellas. Fer you an' me, mebbe, but bandit country isn't 'xactly welc'ming."

A wry grin breaks across his scowl. "More welc'ming wit' you playin' along, though. Care fer a duet a' some poin'? I ain't college trained, but I can handle me flute well enough."

• Like 2